Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Hunter T7's to leave UK for Canada.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Propstrike
    Rank 5 Registered User

Two Hunter T7's to leave UK for Canada.

In a further blow to the UK's much diminished vintage jet movement, Hunter T 7's G-FFOX and SE- DXH have been sold to a Canadian owner.

''We are happy to inform you of the successful sale of Hawker Hunters and we wish the new owners in Canada all the very best and success in their venture. It is always sad to see these impressive and beautiful historic aircraft go but they are going on to greener pastures where they will be appreciated and put back in the air where they belong -

https://www.historicandclassicaircra...rNqQHbMDMwY6hA

They will be missed, but at least they have the chance to fly on. Perhaps the Hunter has too many bad associations to readily welcomed back onto the UK display circuit . Whatever the case, aside from the odd Hunter still in storage, it is seemingly down to just a handful of Jet Provosts and Gnats to keep the movement alive.

• trumper
    Rank 5 Registered User

Such a shame -- the jet version of the Spitfire for me ,beautiful lines just right.

Comment

• Binbrook 01
      Rank 5 Registered User

I don't think XL616 had flown for some considerable time At least 10 years??), and I assume its still in Sweden as I believe G-FFOX is as well

Comment

• J Boyle
        With malice towards none

Good to see the government keeping everyone safe by encouraging the sale overseas.
        There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• SADSACK
          Rank 5 Registered User

The government have nothing to do with the sale
          pb::

Comment

• Agent K
            Rank 5 Registered User

Good to see the government keeping everyone safe by encouraging the sale overseas

Eh? I dont really know what you mean by this strange statement?

Comment

• J Boyle
              With malice towards none

Rather obvious...by grounding them for a long time (despite the type not being at fault) and enacting regs discouraging jet warbird use as noted in the OP.

​​​​​​There were plenty of Hunters flying before Shoreham...not many now.
              Or are you suggesting that's just a coincidence?
              There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• scotavia
                scotavia

Have you considered that operating costs are reducing the resident ex mil jet population in the UK ? Fuel is more expensive here than some other countries.
                https://migflug.com/jetflights/how-m...st-to-operate/
                basic mil trainers have evolved into Turbo props.

Comment

• Binbrook 01
                  Rank 5 Registered User

Neither of them have been in the UK for a while. Andboth are still in Sweden as far as I am aware. Even if FFOX is still one the UK register, It was briefly based at Cranwell a couple of years back. As has been alluded to by several folks before now the Jet Warbird scene was on the wain before that day in August 2015.

Sad, but like everything I fear its currently had its day

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                  X