Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collection being sold?, Lots of engines, Sturgeon cockpit, maybe spitfire seat etc,

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyT
    Rank 5 Registered User

Collection being sold?, Lots of engines, Sturgeon cockpit, maybe spitfire seat etc,

See

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...3-a9a800eddd95
  • trumper
    Rank 5 Registered User

Red Baron stuff https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...0-a9a800eddd8d Manfred von Richthofen (1892 - 1918), the "Red Baron"
    A section of red painted fabric bearing a period inscription verso Baron Von Richthofen, killed April 21st 1918, (9.5 cm x 7 cm) together with related correspondence and provenance, "The fabric was brought home from France in 1918 by a Mr Letford and passed to a Mr Whiskerd of Hatch End, Mdx."
    [Acquired following publication of a letter published in the Daily Telegraph in 1969 requesting approaches from former service personnel who had witnessed the downing of Richthofen or the wreckage of his Fokker Dr 1]
    Last edited by trumper; 2nd December 2018, 14:11. Reason: Added description

Comment

• avion ancien
      Rank 5 Registered User

Wow, some rare items there. There can't have been many Blackburn Skuas or Boeing B-17s powered by rotary engines. So you'd better get in quick with your bids for those ultra-rare engines with that provenance!

Comment

• Runway06
        Rank 5 Registered User

Sale of the century!! Any ideas whose this collection once belonged too?

Comment

• ian_
          Rank 5 Registered User

I'd imagine the collection of the late Ken Anscombe. The prices are likely to be ludicrous, but at least we get to see the lots. The Mk1 Spit panel is an astonishing reference.

Comment

• Runway06
            Rank 5 Registered User

Certainly ludicrous when taking into account the extra auction charges and tax

Comment

• ian_
              Rank 5 Registered User

At least it's not going in a skip.

Comment

• Bunsen Honeydew
                Rank 5 Registered User

The prices will be what people are willing to pay and there are a lot of fools with money out there. SOme of the prices look pessimistic given what you pay on evilbay.

I remember Ken Ancombe from about forty years ago, had a lot of dug stuff.

Comment

• Junk Collector
                  Rank 5 Registered User

30% buyers premium, thats generous of them
                  Officially now a pensioner

Comment

• TonyT
                    Rank 5 Registered User

I did wonder with the likes of the DO 17 seat If Cosford was aware, I am so glad I mentioned it all, I was worried I might have been stepping on the odd persons toes from here who may have been bidding, but I felt that it need to be brought to your attention and I truly hope some of the items find a good home with members of this illustrious forum and that several projects can move forward because of it.

Comment

• Runway06
                      Rank 5 Registered User

Thanks for highlighting this sale, very interesting items and I will put a few bids in

Comment

• Bruce
                        Independent analyst

Very interesting indeed. Those estimates are rather on the low side! It is indeed a Spitfire seat - and will go for a lot more than they expect!

Comment

• Runway06
                          Rank 5 Registered User

At the bottom of the advertised Lots
                          it states live auction 10am 7 Dec 2018 - 10am 8 Dec 2018. Does this mean the auction ends anywhere in between this time? Therefore there is no exact time of when it finishes?

Comment

• FarlamAirframes
                            Scrap Metal Man

Bruce several of Paul Laidlaws guide prices are way out- eg. the two Lanc columns that were guide prices of 50 and are now 500.

Runway - there are 800 lots per day - starting at 10 a.m. So depending on the interest/bidding each lot can take 40 secs to 3 mins - hence end of each day is open ended.

you can create alerts on the live auction on Saleroom so that it beeps at you when an auction item is starting...

I would suggest you come up here to sunny Carlisle - the Business park where the auction is just behind the station ( and a little walk).

Nice to see something of aviation interest up here for a change.
                            Last edited by FarlamAirframes; 5th December 2018, 13:21.
                            Kind Regards,

Brian

Comment

• Runway06
                              Rank 5 Registered User

Thanks for clarification Farlamairframes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                              X