Blackburn Buccaneer Weight & C.G Info

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

5 years 10 months

I'm still progressing with my 1/7th scale radio controlled turbine powered Buccaneer project, and I'm looking for info on where the full-scale c.g. was located, in order to double check a calculated c.g. position and help with laying out all the installed equipment.

If anyone has the section out of the maintenance manuals that they could scan, I would be most appreciative.

Many thanks

Paul

Original post

Member for

6 years 2 months

As a rule of thumb Paul, would it not be just ahead of the main landing gear when the aircraft is rotated to a take off attitude? In that, given that during rotation it simply doesn’t want to tail sit and maintains good stab/elevator authority during rotation?

I realise this doesn’t help with your specific enquiry, so my apologies for that. Do you have any pictures of your progress to date?

Member for

18 years 4 months

Or the mid point of the weapons bay. Just a guess.

Richard

Member for

5 years 10 months

Spanner Monkey,

Many thanks - that helps.

Do you have the section detailing when they weigh the entire aircraft where the allowable c.g. range was? I just highly doubt that it was exactly at the datum point. If there is a plot showing how the c.g. moved with fuel burn that would be fantastic too.

Thanks

Paul

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yes as you surmise - the datum point is not necessarily the actual CofG,it is merely a fixed position to measure from/to.
The actual CofG would vary during flight and also with different fuel/weapons loads.
And of course each individual a/c has a slightly different airframe weight and CofG posn

Member for

16 years 1 month

Hi Paul,

Yes I should have that, the section in the AP I screen shot that image from had a lot of data sheets regarding bombload, stores locations etc.
It definetly has the graph for quick reference limits too (not its proper name I know).

Give a tick and i’ll search them out and post them.

Chris