Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackburn Buccaneer Weight & C.G Info

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsf-tc
    Rank 2 Registered User

Blackburn Buccaneer Weight & C.G Info

I'm still progressing with my 1/7th scale radio controlled turbine powered Buccaneer project, and I'm looking for info on where the full-scale c.g. was located, in order to double check a calculated c.g. position and help with laying out all the installed equipment.

If anyone has the section out of the maintenance manuals that they could scan, I would be most appreciative.

Many thanks

Paul
  • KurtB
    Rank 3 Registered User

As a rule of thumb Paul, would it not be just ahead of the main landing gear when the aircraft is rotated to a take off attitude? In that, given that during rotation it simply doesnt want to tail sit and maintains good stab/elevator authority during rotation?

I realise this doesnt help with your specific enquiry, so my apologies for that. Do you have any pictures of your progress to date?

Comment

• pogno
      Rank 5 Registered User

Or the mid point of the weapons bay. Just a guess.

Richard
      "Where are you from?"
      "America" Somebody laughed politely.

Comment

• jsf-tc
        Rank 2 Registered User

Here's a photo of the fuselage plug so far. With radome and speedbrake fitted it will be 108" long.

Comment

• Spanner Monkey
          Rank 5 Registered User

Comment

• jsf-tc
            Rank 2 Registered User

Spanner Monkey,

Many thanks - that helps.

Do you have the section detailing when they weigh the entire aircraft where the allowable c.g. range was? I just highly doubt that it was exactly at the datum point. If there is a plot showing how the c.g. moved with fuel burn that would be fantastic too.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

• bazv
              olde rigger

Yes as you surmise - the datum point is not necessarily the actual CofG,it is merely a fixed position to measure from/to.
              The actual CofG would vary during flight and also with different fuel/weapons loads.
              And of course each individual a/c has a slightly different airframe weight and CofG posn

Comment

• Spanner Monkey
                Rank 5 Registered User

Hi Paul,

Yes I should have that, the section in the AP I screen shot that image from had a lot of data sheets regarding bombload, stores locations etc.
                It definetly has the graph for quick reference limits too (not its proper name I know).

Give a tick and ill search them out and post them.

Chris

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                X