Meteor to Bruntingthorpe

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Any idea if it will be stored, or join the ground runners? Seems odd now they are moving some to Saint Athan

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sadly condemned to ground running only I fear.

Member for

24 years 3 months

You would have thought she would go to Saint Athan?

Member for

14 years 4 months

I only saw WM167 (or indeed any Meteor) fly once, at the Kemble Air Show in 2011. The bill also featured Vulcan XH558, a JP5, a Gnat, the Venom FB6 also now at Bruntingthorpe, and now fewer than eight Hunters, which finished the show in formation.a
I have a great deal of respect for the team at Bruntingthorpe, and more power to their arms for keeping all these wonderful machines live, but isn't it a crying shame that the airworthy historic jet scene as shrunk so much in such a short time? Can't help thinking I'll never see another Meteor fly, unless I can haul myself to the Antipodes or USA...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Saw her at Duxford and Waddington. At least she is safe. How many more a/c at Coventry? No luck with the Dakotas?

Member for

16 years 3 months

I heard a rumour that the Meteor that was going to Brunty was going to have its engines removed. I suspect that they will be following WA591 to the States as spares.

There's a very high likelihood that a, once the MB one(s) have gone we will never see a Gloster Meteor in the air again in the UK. :(

Anon.

Member for

19 years 9 months

[USER="24685"]Tin Triangle[/USER] Or Chalgrove

Member for

12 years 4 months

One of the occasional joys of flying from Benson was to call "Number 2 to the Meteor" when in the circuit….