Whitwick Is Back

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years

Just to let everybody know I’ve heard that whitwick is coming back as a militaria fair on Sunday the 25th of November this year ! I believe the organisers welcome stands selling aviation items and I believe a couple of the old aerojumblers have booked pitches ( that’s how I found out!!) As I’m sure many on here can remember what a great aerojumble it was this is exciting news !

Original post

Member for

16 years 2 months

Doesn't sound like it has been very well publicised then, if no-one seems to have heard, except by-the-way.

I might be interested in going as a seller, not sure yet. My last experiences (as a buyer) of Whitwick have been an abject disappointment, despite other's view otherwise. If not many punters turn up then it might just reinforce my view.

Anon.

Member for

5 years 4 months

WHITWICK is most definitely back . It is no longer an areo jumble ( which finished about 10 years ago ) but a Militaria Fair - there are aviation dealers booked but also militaria dealers too so it will appeal to a much wider audience. It has been advertised in The Armourer and Gunmart since April plus the flyers have been to all large fairs - War and Peace, Birmingham, Thetford, Bedford , Newark, Duxford, and Malvern this weekend . It also has a banner on the events diary page of Milweb, a Facebook page ( and on several forums within facebook) and Twitter ( @norfolkfairs / @militariafair ) and Instagram. It is advertised on many of the "whats on" sites and in the local press. There are 42 dealers booked in so far including several RAF / RFC dealers , Aviation dealers, D&B ( de-acts) , Waterloo Military , War Years, Seal, DS Militaria , Andy Garrett ( badges) , Antique Armoury, ADF Militaria, DWS uk, Relics from the Front , book dealers , ordnance , and many more....... Doors open 10 til 2 . Admission is £3.50 . Still space for more dealers so please contact if interested in standing. I also run Thetford Militaria Fair ( now in its 7th year) which is very well attended and very well advertised. Please support this new fair and help it to become a great regular event . More info on www.norfolkfairs.com 07596 436260

Member for

5 years 4 months

Whitwick is well advertised, good spread in the Armourer Magazine and other mags, i’ve seen flyers at all the major Militaria fairs. This is going to be a great Fair , I’ll be there !

Member for

16 years 2 months

Been aerojumbling for more years than I dare to think about. In my experience, militaria and aerojumble don't sit well together - two entirely different audiences.

I heard about this event, looked in to it and rejected it on stall costs. If you deal in militaria you may be able to pack a table with enough high end stuff to make it pay but - in my view - you would struggle to cover your costs with aerojumble of the sort you are likely to find at traditional events such as Newark. From another angle, most aerojumble I've seen on militaria stalls is priced at silly money "that switch is off a Spitfire, mate"..

Good luck to anyone who decides to give it a go.

Member for

14 years 2 months

I’m certainly going to go and don’t mind the mix of the two, most aerojumble events have to mix with something or another these days to survive, providing it’s not female lingerie. Yes it’s been well advertised but just not on here which is not the be all and end all I suppose.

Member for

9 years

Well since posting I’ve seen a lot off advertising for whitwick in the magazines and military interest sites ,also at an event I visited on Sunday with flyers etc !
and militaria and aerojumble sit very well together I can remember lots of military stalls at the old whitwick! That always looked busy!
Airforce,navy or army it’s all militaria!

Member for

16 years 5 months

Never been to Whitwick and as I couldn’t sadly make Newark last month I might give it a try instead!

Rob

Member for

5 years 4 months

Stall costs are £44 for a 6ft table (provided for you with two chairs ) plus there is room to put an additional table in front to maximise space if desired . So, 6ft x5ft of selling space for £44 - that's a lot of stock so if you can't cover your costs and make some ££££ I would be very surprised. A12ft X 5ft space with two tables provided is £80 and an 18ft table X 5ft is £95 . Not had any complaints about the prices , quite the contrary - I am well know for putting the effort ( and money ) into advertising my fairs. I want to make WHITWICK as successful and well attended as Thetford so hope good dealers will support the fair . I have been a dealer for 30 years and don't consider the stall prices expensive .