Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better CGI Here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1958biggles
    Rank 5 Registered User

Better CGI Here?

Always interesting to see how Hollywood? tackles the subject of CGI in Aviation themed movies - usually the flight characteristics seem "off" - thinking of the recent Hurricane movie for one example - anyway I came across this example and think its certainly better than some I have seen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-q-0TT02g4
  • 1958biggles
    Rank 5 Registered User

and there is also this one .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztJZk5NrXII

Comment

• 1batfastard
      Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
      I quite agree I think mostly though it's the same as the makers of documentaries thinking along the lines of the audience don't know any better, also they will not notice forgetting the most important fact about they're prospective audience and that is it will be those interested in whatever in this case aviation.

Either that or it's an nowadays attitude of they couldn't care less about accuracy or spending decent money on visual effects ? which you would think as with the two above is the most important thing when trying to put a visual side of actions to any audience on any subject surely.

I have always loved this short clip below it shows just what can be achieved if the willing is there and to me no expense should be spared when portraying historical events.

Geoff.
      Last edited by 1batfastard; 8th November 2018, 17:48.

Comment

• DazDaMan
        Rank 5 Registered User

Japanese war films seem to manage to get it almost spot-on in terms of flight characteristics.

Check out The Eternal Zero (also known as Fighter Pilot), Assault on the Pacific or The Admiral for some great aerial sequences.
        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• trumper
          Rank 5 Registered User

Makes you wonder why the multi million pound huge film makers get it so wrong.

Comment

• Seafuryfan
            Rank 5 Registered User

..and that wonderful Mosquito clip must be 10-15 years old now. It depends just how much effort and money will be taken by the film makers.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X