Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hunter tachometer wanted

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokeyone
    Rank 4 Registered User
    • Dec 2017

hunter tachometer wanted

Hello
    Does anyone have a Hawker Hunter tachomter for sale - Tacho Indicator Mk 10A 6A/2801 now 6A/4676148 _ I have been on the lookout for ages via a certain auction site.
    Thanks
  • TonyT
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2006

http://www.aerovintagespares.com/avs...chometers.html

Comment

• Smokeyone
      Rank 4 Registered User
      • Dec 2017

Many thanks - ah if only I knew where to look in the first place -
      Thanks again

Comment

• smirky
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Oct 2008

If you only want it for static display then you will not need to pay that much! They are really not rare and not only used on the Hunter (Canberra for example),

Comment

• Smokeyone
          Rank 4 Registered User
          • Dec 2017

I would like a working Tachometer but not necessarily from a Hunter - it just has to work with a Hunter signal generator - didn't the Canberra have the same type of Avon engines so maybe they had the same type of signal generator.

Comment

• spearfish
            Rank 3 Registered User
            • May 2018

Trial and error works well for tachometers. They are mostly just three phase generators at one end and three phase motors in the meter. The engine driven generators usually make about 20v ac, and I have managed to get them to drive virtually every tacho that i have used. I only get them to about 3000 rpm as they make an awful lot of noise in operation and i am a bit delicate with such old stuff.
            I even made a circuit that drives the meters that can control the indicated frequency although the waveform is not too clean and i only really get it 4000 rpm.
            I have only ever bought one tachometer that did not work. They are pretty simple and robust items.
            Gary Morton

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X