Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone identify these electrical sockets

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokeyone
    Rank 3 Registered User

can anyone identify these electrical sockets

Hello
    I would appreciate it if perhaps a forum member might be able to help identify the type of sockets used in the attached photograph.
    The control unit came from a Merlin helicopter and I am trying to find the matching plugs - The lugs inside the sockets although of the same type are not set at the same angles - I thought they were almost a Plessey type but wondered if they might be a Boeing type as the switches inside the unit were made in California,
    Many thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	3839386
  • windhover
    Rank 5 Registered User

They look very much like standard Amphenol
    panel plugs .

Comment

• Smokeyone
      Rank 3 Registered User

Thank you for the suggestion - I checked a few images on Google and they could be - but did not find any with the same sort of outside thread as mine - my thread is course with flat edges - but I'll keep looking -

Comment

• smirky
        Rank 5 Registered User

I think they may be MIL-C-22992. They will be very costly, expecially with non-standard keyways which will probably be machined out of solid to order. (There is usually a default keyway for most people but the specials are an even smaller market.) If you are not going to fit it back into the Merlin then I would swallow your pride and hot wire it, or for a high class job, remove them and fit low cost commercial equaivalents in the same holes.

Comment

• Smokeyone
          Rank 3 Registered User

Thank you for the update - just checked the costings - 60 to 90 each and that was for a standard off the shelf plug - have you a suggestion for a more reasonably priced commercial equalivant

Comment

• smirky
            Rank 5 Registered User

Suggestions (most costly first)
            1. Farnell have loads of "mil spec equivalent" connectors - you will need both halves
            2. You may be able to find some on ebay if you look long enough - make sure you get both halves. There were some cheap brand new ones fromthe Far East as well as surplus.
            3. Replace the back panel with a new made one and use D connectors - very low cost

Comment

• Smokeyone
              Rank 3 Registered User

Thank you for all the suggestions - plenty of ideas - thanks again

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
              X