Train 4-cyl in-line - sectional drawings?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

A friend is having some difficulty fitting/removing a propeller on a Train 4 cylinder in-line engine (French pre-war).

Anyone know of or suggest where a sectional drawing might be found of the front end of the engine?

TIA Roger Smith.

Original post

Member for

19 years

Thanks AA for that suggestion. I am away from my pc all next week so I'll pop them an email when I get back.

It looks a nice museum. I have to visit France next July - Bono just west of Vannes doesn't look to far apart - although I won't be driving.

Thanks again, Roger Smith.

Member for

16 years 7 months

If you want to visit the museum archives, you need to make a prior appointment. If you want to contact the archivist for this purpose, send me a PM and I'll let you have his e-mail address. And out of interest, attached to what (if it is) is the Train engine to which your friend is trying to detach/attach the propellor?

Member for

16 years 7 months

Sometimes I despair of the software behind this forum. Having edited the last post and saved the edit, what appeared was the original, unedited post! What should have appeared additionally, Roger, was a statement that you need to make an appointment to visit the museum archives (which are not permanently manned) and that if you want the archivist's e-mail address, send me a PM and I'll let you have it.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Hi Roger

Have you tried Roy Nerou ?
He has a Train engined Chilton.

Bob T.​​​​

Member for

19 years

ok AA I got it :). I'm resistant to change and the 'new' Forum layout/workings put me off being active - other than lurking in the background as a guest!

I shall deal with the Train enquiry as you suggested by email, IF I manage to visit the Museum next year it'll probably be as an ordinary tourist/visitor.

Thanks again, Roger.