Mike Hodgson - RIP

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

Yesterday I was advised that noted aviation historian Mike Hodgson has passed away.

Mike was a published author; aviation tour guide; a stalwart of the aviation preservation movement (Thorpe Camp and Tattershall); and a former Chairman of BAPC (British Aviation Preservation Council).

Over the years I learnt a lot from Mike and enjoyed a great deal of banter with him when ever we met!

Blue skies Mike!!

Original post

Member for

16 years 8 months

That's very sad news...and quite a shock. Only last weekend me and a friend were recalling that we hadn't seen him for a while and must catch up with him.
RIP Mike, I much enjoyed discussing your research and joining some of your tours. Ed

Member for

14 years 9 months

Since I have heard this from a friend I was shocked to hear this. I knew Mike for a very long time and met him also quite a few times when i was travelling through to UK on my discovery to former Bomber Command airfields. Also Mike helped me to track down former airmen and relatives. Each time I enjoy his stories when i met him. He will be missed not only by his family, and friends but also at Thorpe Camp and Tattershall(where I met him). May he rest in peace Adrian

Member for

19 years 3 months

Very sad news. Top bloke Mike.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Very sad news. Top bloke Mike. Blue skies.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Sad news, R.I.P. Mike.

Roger Smith.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Do you, by any chance, have any information on funeral arrangements TO2 ?
Roger Smith.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Sorry Roger I have not been able to find out any details.

Member for

15 years 11 months

Mikes funeral is on the 5th of November at 11.30 at Boston crematoriam

Member for

15 years 11 months

Mikes funeral is on the 5th of November at 11.30 at Boston crematorium

Member for

18 years 2 months

Thank you for this information.

Member for

7 years 7 months

Good grief

That does appear sudden.
I was only talking to him in the summer about trying to make a model of the Control tower that stood at Woodhall Spa . . . .

RIP and Blue skies all the way up . . .