Register Free

Announcement

Collapse

Search index currently being rebuilt

The search index is currently being rebuilt, search results may be incomplete until this process has completed. Estimated time until completion 18:00 GMT 16/10/2018. This may impact the speed of the forum. Email notifcations for subscribed topics / threads will be re-enabled once the search index is rebuilt.
See more
See less

Mike Hodgson - RIP

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Hodgson - RIP

Yesterday I was advised that noted aviation historian Mike Hodgson has passed away.

Mike was a published author; aviation tour guide; a stalwart of the aviation preservation movement (Thorpe Camp and Tattershall); and a former Chairman of BAPC (British Aviation Preservation Council).

Over the years I learnt a lot from Mike and enjoyed a great deal of banter with him when ever we met!

Blue skies Mike!!
    Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
    Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

That's very sad news...and quite a shock. Only last weekend me and a friend were recalling that we hadn't seen him for a while and must catch up with him.
    RIP Mike, I much enjoyed discussing your research and joining some of your tours. Ed

Comment

Since I have heard this from a friend I was shocked to hear this. I knew Mike for a very long time and met him also quite a few times when i was travelling through to UK on my discovery to former Bomber Command airfields. Also Mike helped me to track down former airmen and relatives. Each time I enjoy his stories when i met him. He will be missed not only by his family, and friends but also at Thorpe Camp and Tattershall(where I met him). May he rest in peace Adrian

Comment

RIP
        Magister Aviation
        It's all in my book

Comment

Very sad news. Top bloke Mike.
          Tony Dyer
          https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

Very sad news. Top bloke Mike. Blue skies.
            Tony Dyer
            https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

Sad news, R.I.P. Mike.

Roger Smith.
              A Blenheim, Beaufighter and Beaufort - together in one Museum. Who'd have thought that possible in 1967?

Comment