Mark Hanna

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 11 months

Mark Hanna – 6 August 1959 – 26 September 1999. Sorely missed.

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

I remember reading the awful news in the paper next morning, and feeling shocked and numb.

Mark was an inspiration, and one of the best, but of course, he had a great mentor.

Photo by Tudor Owen

Attachments

Member for

24 years 3 months

A gifted pilot and the enthusiast’s friend. Thanks for the memories.

Member for

16 years 9 months

Always had time for people - and what a pilot!

Member for

6 years 2 months

I’d heard less than complimentary words used about his time undergoing flying training, how I wish I’d asked Ray (his dad) if there was any truth in the rumours when both were still with us.
I chatted with Ray last at Biggin Hill in 2005 after his brilliant display there. Lovely chap.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I met Mark briefly at Duxford when he was coming out of one of the hangars he seemed very nice and quite talkative it was a terrible shame we lost him as he would have bought his fantastic talents to newer highs if he had more time of this I am sure, RIP.

Curlyboy

Member for

24 years 3 months

Crikey - 19 years. Doesn't seem like yesterday. I was working at Historic Flying at the time, and took a call from OFMC that morning with the news. Nothing was the same again.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ray & Mark - Spitfires: -

Cheers

Paul

Member for

24 years 3 months

"From the Heart": -

Cheers

Paul

Member for

5 years 11 months

Hello friends, I met Mark Hanna and his father Ray at the 1999 Hahnweide Airshow I went over the fence to Mark and his Spitfire MKXIX. He talked with me nice and gentle for a long time and posed for some nice pictures. I returned deeply impressed to the spectators range. The following flight was spectacular and made me breathless. I have to tell you that at this time I was flying extensively model airplanes and Mark flew this heavy Spitfire in the same manor as i did fly with my model airplanes: Fast, deep and lots of aerobatics.
I will never forget him. Thanks for this reminder!

Member for

20 years 5 months

Are those videos from a dvd Paul? Never seen them before. So nice seeing the Hannas interviewed.