Canberra To India ?

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Have searched for all things Canberra and not found anything either by search or the pages so apologies if this has been mentioned before and something is amiss due to the forums current issues....;)

I noted in Flypast and Aeroplane that the sliver Canberra P.R.9 based at Kemble has been offered to the (Indian Air Force Vintage Flight) and the decision was for this was based on it's problematic operation due restrictions now in place since the Shoreham tragedy (RIP All) I just wondered if there was an update further to these articles ?

Also does this possible departure mean that the chances of the CAA ever relaxing/adjusting the category for jet operators to operate exotics are now zero ? (i.e Jags/Buccs/Lightning and Phantoms etc.etc.)

Geoff.

Original post

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
I thought that the CAA and some possible operators where in discussion as how to achieve the exotics operation ? (Ref: the possible continued operation of XH558 not long after the last flight.) Admittedly it was a while ago now and no news has surfaced so I just thought the wheels just turning very slowly......:confused:

I agree with all reasons that we do not have any but they are all achievable surely ? I mean plenty of ex RAF personal to pull from, Ground running exotics knowledge and Skills and I am sure plenty of capable Pilots with experience ? as for the money well that would depend on who is interested surely ?

Geoff.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Many thanks Ex Brat will have a look at that in depth in due time, I had just a quick scan I saw this below. Would you say this is more less hits the nail on the head why we do not have aircraft in the complex category flying ?

The more complex an aircraft is, the greater the level of organisational and operational support that will be required and, unless the CAA agrees alternative provision through a suitably competent design organisation, the continued involvement of the manufacturer will be required.

Geoff.