Forum Setup

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Seems very Windows 95. Is this a temporary setup?

Original post

Member for

17 years 10 months

Retro is in you know !

Member for

24 years 2 months

It is very, very slow to load. What a great way to discourage forum participation.

Member for

19 years 8 months

slower then a bloody wet week

Member for

17 years 10 months

I tred to post a new vdeo of Kermt Weeks ths wont

Member for

20 years 9 months

Slow to load plus the page appears to be larger than my screen, which when I scroll up or down, the page wanders left or right!

A tad annoying but not being a computerist, could the page issue be a computer set up issue?

Any clues?

Thanks

Member for

18 years 11 months

Think yourselves lucky, there was no closure over the weekend for 'maintenance', this is progress!

Member for

11 years 10 months

It is so slow as to be essentially unuseable, I'm rapidly losing interest in visiting.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its being worked on - there are multiple issues at present. It did briefly get faster on Friday, but now appears to be slower than ever.

The team at Key are working on it - I don't think they expected the issues that we are seeing.

Bruce

Member for

20 years 5 months

More to the point, the small blue type and expanses of white space make it almost unreadable on portable devices. Why on earth do the webbies feel the need to fix things that 'aint broken...

Member for

20 years 4 months

Please consider that even though things don't seem to be broken at first sight, running outdated forum software can put all of our account details at risk. So it is good to see that the admins regularly update the forum software, even though that can cause other issues to pop up. Hopefully these will be resolved soon.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It was broken - so it did need to be updated. It will come right in time.

Member for

15 years 11 months

Awful now ! my thoughts, what is the point! looks rubbish and runs like a dog!

Member for

17 years 7 months

I can’t log in on another device, it says my profile requires a valid date of birth, lucky this ipad was logged in, I have gone into settings and there is a random date of birth, but I am unable to change it

Member for

12 years 3 months

Bruce replied
Its being worked on - there are multiple issues at present. It did briefly get faster on Friday, but now appears to be slower than ever.

The team at Key are working on it - I don't think they expected the issues that we are seeing.

They are? The appalling communication is part of the issue. No warning. Obvious performance issues not followed up with even a 'Report issues here' thread (doing this pre-emptively would have given a much better sense that things were being managed). No apology. No stated plan, or progress reports.
Which leaves users feeling abandoned, and much more likely to decide not to bother.
There could be several people working hard on fixing things. Or one person only allowed to work on it when other duties permit.
All of which is rough on those working on things, and mods who are tainted by association when they have no power to do anything about it.

Member for

20 years 7 months

It is painful to use and i suspect many people won't bother much longer :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

Errol,

There is a complete sub forum for issues with the forum.

The update had been announced some months ago, and whilst it may not have been common knowledge, it was known about.

It is starting to improve - the speed is a little better today, and posting isn't taking as long. At the end of the day, its a service that is provided at no cost to its users.

Member for

20 years 5 months

"Please consider that even though things don't seem to be broken at first sight, running outdated forum software can put all of our account details at risk. So it is good to see that the admins regularly update the forum software, even though that can cause other issues to pop up. Hopefully these will be resolved soon."

There's nothing wrong with updating the forum software, just don't make it unreadable in the process...

"At the end of the day, its a service that is provided at no cost to its users."

True, but if the users go elsewhere the advertisers will clear off too...
And Key won't be happy...

Member for

12 years 3 months

​​​​​​Bruce replied
Errol,

There is a complete sub forum for issues with the forum.

The update had been announced some months ago, and whilst it may not have been common knowledge, it was known about.

It is starting to improve - the speed is a little better today, and posting isn't taking as long. At the end of the day, its a service that is provided at no cost to its users.

So the response to a post about appalling communication is to refer to obviously ineffective prior communications (and are you referring to a single reply post in January in a forum that most would not bother going to?) There should have been pinned new threads in all forums, with reminders a few days before, as well as pro-active gathering of and response to reported issues - certainly once it was clear things have not gone as planned.

And the response to 'Which leaves users feeling abandoned, and much more likely to decide not to bother.' is the above. Sums it up, I'm afraid.