Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Setup

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, you've misunderstood my comment.
    I run at native res and as repeatedly stated, no width problem in W10/IE11 ever, nor now W10/Edge.
    I tested at lower res, that's all. As stated, it made the problem appear not disappear.
    Making it a solution is not sensible - hardly seemed worth explaining.

Sorry to hear the Mac scroll problem still present, worth noting.

I've found post reply intermittently rather sluggish today, edits less so if at all.

Some sort of progress is being made. If you feel this thread isn't resulting in enough progress, as already suggested you can either

contact the moderators
    or
    use the Contact us button in the black bar below to address the Forum admin direct.

But kindly do not snap at me. It isn't my problem.

Done here, dead set.
    Last edited by DonClark; 10th October 2018, 23:39.
    Don Clark
    www.211squadron.org

Comment

Originally posted by DonClark
      But kindly do not snap at me. It isn't my problem.
      No snapping towards you intended - apologies if that was how my post read.

I am beginning to wonder if this anomaly is perhaps connected to the multi-gesture trackpad - one gesture combination allows returning to the previous browser page or going to the next page. This is when the horizontal bar appears.

It's the least of the problems really - the other issues need sorting...
      Last edited by Bob; 12th October 2018, 14:46.
      Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

As the edit function still doesn't appear to work I meant to post "one gesture combination allows returning to the previous browser page or going to the next page"
        Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

What a mess this forum is! why has it not been sorted yet! Clearly Key don't care! Ho Hum other great places to post these days!
          Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

http://planemadanna.blogspot.co.uk/

The first quality needed is audacity

Comment

I have to agree. I used to check in several times a day, but the lack of new threads is indicative that many people cant be bothered as much as they used too. I even miss the bickering (of which there was plenty)! Maybe its time to toddle off for good.

Comment

Yep this forum is dead! Catch me on FB or Instagram.
              Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

http://planemadanna.blogspot.co.uk/

The first quality needed is audacity

Comment

Won't touch facebook or instagram.

Comment

Changing your password regularly is good practice, as these details can be harvested by North Koreans looking to make cash or other nogoodniks. Recently I received an unsolicited email asking me to transfer USD5000 in Bitcoin within 24 hours otherwise video taken through my device camera of me flogging myself to video of, let's say 'aircraft with undercarriage deployed showing hydraulic system details' would be broadcast to six random addresses in my email address book and all addresses after 24 hours if I did not pay. Bah, straight to delete ! I neither confirm nor deny that I would ever watch dodgy videos, but probably the folks on the random address list have ! The North Koreans are just punting on the fact that '99% of men are w*nkers and 1% are liars' . Now given the choice between buying a Spitfire grip or transferring the Bitcoin I could probably live with embarrassment if they did have video and I got the grip. But what made me sit up was that the first line of the threat was basically a capture of my Key linked email and Key password. " Dear { email user name}, your password is {Key password}. We know all about you.." Databases are hacked all the time. Some organisations with constrained IT budgets might not even know it. But if there is some knowledge of a compromised database then it would be good manners to inform users that this 'may have occurred' and to recommend a change of password, and probably to something not obvious like 'Spitfire'. I do enjoy this forum. It is a valuable resource. I do look at the banner ads. But I do think that somebody at Key office employed a 16 year old son of a mate or office cleaner to do the IT because it would be a lower cost option and "Timmy is good with computers". Timmy has been doing stacks of unpaid overtime to try and fix things and there is no PR budget either so it really is random whether you get the forum or not with no explanation ever given. Less goodwill would evaporate if Timmy, or Steve the Cleaner, his Dad, just communicated about what was going on. At least advise when drop outs for maintenance would occur. I am sure it will settle down by 2020.

Comment

Please, please reinstate the notifications of posts in subscribed threads and those in which we have posted. Otherwise we can't know when there are answers to comments (such as i am making now). Will I get a notification of THIS post?
                    Laurence

Comment

Almost certainly not...
                      I haven't had one since late August but to be fair, I guess that's fairly low on the priority list given the other more major problems.

That post worked much, much quicker than others have recently.

Edit, again - virtually instant!
                      Last edited by dhfan; 13th October 2018, 17:42.

Comment

Been a bit quicker in the last few days.

Edit - I'll take that back. Another unacceptable delay - is it server power or some over response to perceived security issues.
                        Last edited by Malcolm McKay; 14th October 2018, 00:00.

Comment

Another (minor) issue is that in the Last Post column there is often a miss-match between the name and avatar

Comment

No improvements regarding speed, it really has become the cronkiest forum I use, unfortunately.

Andy

Comment

It improved quite a bit whilst the search function was disabled, but has now fallen back again. The database is currently being reindexed, which it is hoped will improve things.

Comment

Thanks Bruce!

Comment

At the moment, it's certainly less bad.
                                  Still looks terrible though.

Comment

Originally posted by dhfan View Post
                                    At the moment, it's certainly less bad.
                                    Still looks terrible though.
                                    I started a new thread to deal with the look of the forum asking for thoughts on what would make it look better / easier to read please feel free to contribute.

https://forum.keypublishing.com/foru...um-theme-style

Comment

Working...
                                    X