Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Setup

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuart gowans
    Not a real Spitfire

I'm a member of a car forum that has recently gone through "the change" ;if you think this is bad.....all of the pictures disappeared for about a month, it too went back to windows 95 for a while, some couldn't post some couldn't see the posts others couldn't log in, doubtless the membership suffered, but we are still there and the mods who are as pi55ed as the rest of us are doing their best to communicate to the (Canadian) owners (Purchasers) that which needs to be fixed.

Thus a thread like this (and all those before) should be here on Historic so that the mods can help, and not buried so they don't have too.
    Why be your own worse critic, that's what the forum is for.

Comment

• HP111
      Rank 5 Registered User

Is this a problem or a "feature"..... I have just noticed that in this "write something" space, I can call up whatever I last wrote here seemingly regardless of when I wrote it. That might be useful perhaps if it was a few seconds ago, but several hours/days later? I don't think so, it is just confusing. It worries me slightly that there might be other ramifications.

Comment

• Bob
        Bob
        Aerophile

Probably a new feature and addition to the "autosave" function - handy if you have written a long post then the forum collapses as you post, you can retrieve the post?
        Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

• Hooligan
          Rank 4 Registered User

Seems rather quicker after a few pints tonight. Won't touch facebook. If that's the way fora are going i'm off.

Comment

• MFowler
            Rank 3 Registered User

My only concern to date is that when I hit the Post Reply button, I get a little "Working" text box, which while reassuring, can take some minutes to morph into my actual post.

Comment

• l.garey
              Rank 5 Registered User

I've already posted on the general admin thread, but got no reply. Probably because I'm not getting email notices to subscribed threads. Can that please be reinstated, plus "last non-read post"? Thanks
              Laurence

Comment

• Brenden S
                Rank 4 Registered User

There needs to be the link to the visit post since last visit added.

Comment

• adrian_gray
                  Which idiot let HIM in?

There seems to be no quote function - unless I am missing something? Makes it awkward replying to inidvidual posts, especially on a big thread.

Adrian
                  "Snow clearing equipment has been found under snowdrift" - message sent from RNAS Hatston, Orkney, 1944.

Comment

• Bob
                    Bob
                    Aerophile

See my reply here - https://forum.keypublishing.com/foru...75#post3836275
                    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

• Schneiderman
                      Rank 5 Registered User

The 'statistics' column is meaningless. It claims no replies in a thread where there are actually 5 and then says the last post was #2 rather than #6

Comment

• Schneiderman
                        Rank 5 Registered User

..........and if I edit a post the new text only appears to be visible when I am logged on, not if just browsing. Who on earth is responsible for marketing this forum software? They need a wake-up call.

Comment

• trumper
                          Rank 5 Registered User

LOL ,apparently there is a page 3 of this topic but it won't let me see it ---another glitch?

Comment

• Roobarb
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Trumper, didn't you know "page 3" went pc sometime ago and got covered up...

Comment

• AndyY
                              Rank 5 Registered User

Although it has improved slightly, it is still pityfully slow. Why? No other forum I am on has ever exhibited this problem , including through upgrades and major platform changes.

Comment

• Bruce
                                Independent analyst

Its running better than it was - but yes, still has problems. If I hear anything I will let you all know.

Comment

• Schneiderman
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

I admire your optimism Bruce but I'm afraid it is no better than it was a week ago. There is a long way to go.

Comment

• dhfan
                                    Still cantankerous

Pprune went through the same or similar update a few months ago and after much vociferous complaining it now looks pretty close to the previous version. Certainly the vast acreage of wasted white space has been substantially reduced and the contrast increased with a darker blue. There are nearly twice as many visible posts on a page compared to this forum.
                                    I don't remember it ever running at the speed of continental drift though...

Comment

• Nige
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Pprune went through the same or similar update a few months ago and after much vociferous complaining it now looks pretty close to the previous version.
                                      It took about a week for most of the visual issues to be sorted out, but Pprune never really had the speed problems this site has...

the contrast increased with a darker blue.
                                      Don't mention the awful light blue thread lists, you'll get a lecture...

Comment

• avion ancien
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Am I alone in having the perception that since the update and the two concomitant outages (how I hate that word - but it seems the most apposite description here) the footfall and the posts per day on this forum have decreased significantly?

Comment

• Propstrike
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

That is my impression also. I think people are discouraged by its clunky, frustrating operation, hence a fall in contributions, and a decrease in readers, which feeds back to a further fall in contributions.

I hope it does not become a death spiral. I am at a loss to understand why Key allows this situation just to drift on.

If they have no effective committment to the functionality and future of their forum, then they should at least come out and say so .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X