D.H.98 Mosquito Photo's Please, Just Because I love looking at them.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Here's some I have got from Axls and around the net ;) .
And any comment's about them are most welcome, I tried for nice shot's and interesting aircraft.
Please if you guy's out there have any more please post them here any type, old new and nice Museum pic's will do :) , Cheer's all, :dev2: Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo:

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

A few more

Just a few More, Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo:

Attachments

Member for

19 years 8 months

Kiwi Mossie 1953

Anyone know what happened to ZK-BCT ?, Cheer's all, :dev2: Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo:

Member for

19 years 10 months

In the context of "shoot first, then ask the questions" I highly recommend always trying Google first. I did a search on: mosquito "new zealand" ZK-BCT - and hey presto found this (first site offered) ...
http://www.adf-serials.com/nz-serials/nz2301.shtml
It says ...
NZ2381 FB.VI
Built at Hatfield and delivered sometime between 16 May 1944 and 19 June 1945. Previously PZ413. Ferried from the United Kingdom by an RAF/RNZAF crew and BOC Ohakea on 25 March 1948. Ferried to Taieri for storage shortly after arrival. Declared surplus on SR.4103 dated 17 July 1953 and sold to Aircraft Supplies Ltd, Palmerston North. Entered the New Zealand Civil Aircraft Register as ZK-BCT on 02 September 1953. Cancelled from register in May 1957 and scrapped at Palmerston North. Some remnants remained in the area until the late 1970s.
cheers ;)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Yes, I know its not all in, but it was so bloody close!...RR299 at the Shuttleworth Pageant 1995....was I alone at getting concerned at just how energetically it was displayed in its later years?

Attachments

Member for

20 years 2 months

Just got this one.
Phil. :)

Member for

19 years 5 months

This shot of RR299 was taken at Duxford Flying Legends in either 94 or 95

Attachments

Member for

19 years 8 months

More More Pretty Please Lad's

Thank's guy's very nice :D .
Only the Gnome Know's, Great Link Thank's mate ;) .
I think the Mossie is just behind the Spitfire for sheer beauty and she too was a potent killer :rolleyes: .
Anymore Mark's, Type's out there in cyberspace Guy's, The Mossie served almost everywhere so there should be lot's more out there, Bring them on :p , Cheer's all, :dev2: Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo:

Member for

19 years 5 months

How about an r/c model Mossie ?
:)

Member for

19 years 8 months

WOW, Thank's Mate

Thank's PlaneMad ;) , Sh*t I had to look twice at that one :p :eek: :eek: , Not bad at all Mate, Anyone else just bring them on :D .
Cheer's all, :dev2: Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi All,

John Ranson's beautiful model of a Mk XVIII. Looks & flies superbly.

Neilly
ps some of those picies of RR 299, in flight, look very familiar?????

Member for

19 years 8 months

More questions

Ok, what about the first Photo in the thread prototype and the last of mine ;) .
Last operational Mossie can anyone tell me anything about them both :confused: .
And nice Raaf job Jona, or even the formation gaggle, Any tid bit's will do and mossie photo's of any type of course :rolleyes: , Cheer's all :dev2: Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo: (must crash now, I feel like crap and have a bad head and chest cold :( , " Gut Nacht ").

Member for

24 years 2 months

First photo in the thread is the incomplete prototype E0234/W4050 at Hatfield, having been reassembled after journeying from Salisbury Hall. Note that the undercarriage doors are still missing in this shot.

The aircraft IS painted yellow, but this was taken on orthochromatic film, and so looks black.

The aircraft survives to this day, and is cared for by us at the Mosquito Museum. It is currently undergoing a rather slow, but detailed restoration.

Bruce

Member for

20 years 11 months

some of those picies of RR 299, in flight, look very familiar?????

All my own guvnor - some from Classic Fighters 1993....will we ever see this formation again, I hope so, but suspect not.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

1: marked up for filming "No. 633 Sqdn"

2: French example - source see photo

Martin

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

and TA639 Abingdon 1968

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

....and examples of the Fuerza Aerea Dominicana...... San Isidro in 1956

G'night !
martin

Attachments

Member for

20 years 6 months

RAF Acklington armaments camp station hack, aprox. '48

Attachments

Member for

20 years 8 months

What about a Spartan Air Service one?

This painting is in the musuem in Ottawa...

;)

Attachments

Member for

19 years 8 months

Thank you all very muchly guy's

Fantastic Photo's guy's and very nice painting too Olivier :D .
Thank's too to Bruce for the info ;) , Good to see one of the early bird's are still with us :cool: .
Any info on Jona, The mossie gaggle or the last operational mossie still out there please guy's :confused: .
And more picture's the better :) , Roll on Mossie pic's :cool: .
Cheer's all, :dev2: Tally Ho! Phil. :diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi Guys,

Not your photos, Moondance, but on the original post by Stormbird. 2 of them are mine, but who cares, just good to see Mossies!!! I add any new Mosquito pics to my CD (so you can guess where all the above photos are now). I have one or two Mossie photos. However, there never seems to be much responce when I post Mosquito Photos so I don't bother any longer.

Stormbird, how can I take you seriously when you think a Spitfire is better looking than a Mosquito (I guess we should send you to SpecSavers). However, I always like a bit of a challenge & if you send me your address I'll mail you a copy of my CD. I think there will be enough Mossie stuff to keep you quite for a day or 2.

TTFN,
Neilly

ps Dave, not forgotten, your CD will be in post later in the week.
NH