Hunters XG252 and XL563

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

For the last few years Wrecks & Relics has these aircraft down as being 'on the A49 south of Leominster' (Page 77, W&R 19). I live on the A49 south of Leominster near to Hereford and have never seen them even though I travel the road twice daily.
Does anyone have any more information on the location of these airframes, as I would love to see if I could arrange a Viewing with the owner?

Thanks in advance, Plazz

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

The T.7 was under restoration a few years ago so they both may be kept undercover somewhere?

Member for

24 years 2 months

The owner is reported to be moving to France so there might well be a chance that they will see the light of day shortly.

Member for

24 years 2 months

David,

Do you mind if I ask how you know the owner is moving to France?
If you know him or know of him and he would prefer not to be contacted then I will no longer peruse the matter. It’s just frustrating to know that there are two wonderful vintage jets along the road I live on, and yet I have never seen them!

Regards Plazz

David,

Do you mind if I ask how you know the owner is moving to France?
If you know him or know of him and he would prefer not to be contacted then I will no longer peruse the matter. It’s just frustrating to know that there are two wonderful vintage jets along the road I live on, and yet I have never seen them!

Regards Plazz

The owner who has this aircraft does live in France.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The owner who has this aircraft does live in France.

Wow, it took ten years to get a reply! Thanks very much anyway.

Regards, Plazz

Member for

13 years

XG252 ! That aircraft gave us a lot of grief when we had it in for servicing when I was at Wittering :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Plazz -you should have given me a nudge !! Ten years is a long time waiting! I knew he was moving to France because he told me !

Member for

24 years 2 months

Plazz -you should have given me a nudge !! Ten years is a long time waiting! I knew he was moving to France because he told me !

Never mind David, I would however still like to at least see any current photos of these particular aircraft is anyone has any?

Member for

24 years 2 months

XL563 is probably very much as on Thunder and Lightnings -Demobbed . Hunter XG252 hasn't been seen for a while -I cannot recall if he said he was taking it to France.