"Fly Spitfire" ... advert

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

In the new Jan 2004 Pilot magazine (p.119) the following advert has appeared. It was also briefly mentioned in the Spitfire Society's journal. Can anyone tell me what planet these guys are from!

JUST 4 (that for, not four!) PILOTS! Business & Flight Opportunity beyond your dreams ! Fly Spitfire, P51 Mustang & ME 109 all in UK Web - www.war-birdsquadron.com T- 07776 193771 /01428 725626 813252/01730 815485 or 07745 204166.

(I've done my best to copy it exactly as it is in the advert, so don't blame me for anything that looks strange!

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Did you give 'em a ring, Janie? ;)

Member for

20 years 7 months

I've just had a quick deco at the site - obviously that engine ISN'T a Merlin! It looks to me like a Jabiru engine, the kind that's in the Spitfire Mk26 (my favourite! lol). The Mk26 is a two-seater with one-behind-the-other seating - not in a seperate cockpit like the true Tr9 Spitfire.

The Mustang in the photo is a Titan T-51, an all-aluminium 3/4 replica powered by a Rotax of some sort (can't remember offhand), and the Messerschmitt image is of a GRP flying replica built in Germany - certainly NOT a two-seater, at least that I know of!! :confused:

Member for

20 years 7 months

The "Messerschmitt"

Member for

20 years 7 months

No, Daz. I'm just finding the whole thing unbelievable. I thought I'd get other folks views rather than boring you with my own first. Why don't you give them a call. Don't forget to ask about the price of insurance while you are there.

In response to your message above. That explains a lot. Thanks.

Member for

20 years 9 months

They have got to be having a laugh....have you seen the prices.

Dodgy replicas at that.

Member for

20 years 7 months

I'll send them an e-mail - I'll be damned if I'll waste money on a phone-call talking to some yahoo who knows sod-all of what he's talking about! See what I can glean from it.

You never know, it might well be genuine. The Titan T-51 and the Spitfire Mk26 can (and do) carry two people, but the '109? (Daz restrains himself from busting a nut while laughing ;))

Member for

20 years 9 months

109 seems to have nosed over and squished the nose, but at least they have taken out all that metal blocking your vision.

Have to give them credit.... it is the funniest thing I have read today.

Member for

20 years 7 months

What's even funnier is the VERY crap dubbing of a real Spitfire fly-by over the video of the Mk26 taking off :D

I'd half-believe it if it were more professionally done - but it's not!

Still, it's the first time I've seen footage of the Mk26 in flight. Not bad at all...

Member for

20 years 9 months

Couldn't even get the video to run, what is scary is that the people in my office said they wouldn'nt know any different and would hand over there money, if they wanted to do it.

Anyway time for the pub!!!

Member for

20 years 7 months

If you right-click and select "Save Target As..." then save it, it might work, providing of course you have the relevant media software.

E-mail en route, chaps.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Jeez!!!:D :D :D :o

Member for

20 years 4 months

i can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Dez

Member for

20 years 4 months

LOL!! A LOT

QUOTE "Our Spitfire Lady Emily is a rare specially designed trainer
/two seat version"

Seriously guy's this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im crying with laughter!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Isn't this all just a glorified syndicate for a collection of PFA type aircraft - having said that with a VNE of 250mph and a cruise of 200 the 'spitfire' is a fairly high performance aircraft in PPL terms, and probably a blast to fly. Shame about the fantasy spiel on the website.

Member for

24 years 2 months

"the premier Fighter of World War II, The Legendary Super marine Spitfire"

Right.....

Member for

20 years 7 months

I had a reply from them this morning - nothing too conclusive about the whole organisation:

Good to hear from you

We have a web -www.war-birdsquadron.com

We are planning a UK launch of our Unique Squadron in spring 2004 and are signing up Founder Members at pref rates very soon

We also welcome interest from those who may like to help us in this either as a Volunteer, or on some sort of Paid basis - i.e. in return for flight hours, and also we are open to discussions on Ownership options of planes and even partial Share ownership of the Squadron

what is your thoughts

Kind regards

Mark

My thoughts? Sounds like you're ripping people off just a tiny bit by saying they can fly actual warbirds, mate!

Member for

20 years 11 months

I almost wet myself when I read this. I wonder which Battle of Britain war aces and rock stars they have flying with them?

Member for

20 years 4 months

...still laughing!

:D :D :D :D

had a rubbish day at work and this afternoon i was feeling utterly pi55ed off until...

... i logged on to war-birdsquadron.com!!!!

...and i laughed and laughed!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Is it April already?

Incidentally, if I were looking for someone to design my website, I'd won't be using this company: -

MindSpan Technologies

Member for

20 years 9 months

This cannot be for real. I have never seen such utter dross. The take off video with the aircraft absent from the screen for most of the time, shaky focus and the repetition of a Merlin take-off sound track that has no conection with the image have to be seen to be believed. If these people are serious then they have a lot to learn.