Red Arrows Incident?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 10 months

I have just heard that one of the Arrows ran off the runway in Jersey yesterday. Anyone confirm this?

I hear that the pilot is ok. Not sure about the Hawk.

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

Good news there both ok.. thank you for that link.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Good job they fly around with 8 spare aircraft then :p

Glad nobody was hurt. (In defence of UKAR it was reported there yesterday afternoon).

Member for

20 years 10 months

I heard it reported by everybody's favourite Corporation that "a Red Arrows jet has crash landed" rather than saying that it had simply run of the runway.

Still at least everyone was OK!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I posted this on the General Discussion Board, not sure what the serial is except that it is Red 2.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Funny how an incident with an RAF aircraft at an airshow is kept fairly low in the press

But then it didnt happen at Duxford did it?

Member for

20 years 9 months

I agree ? If that had been Duxford it would have been all over the press.
Anna
:mad: :mad: :confused: :eek: :mad:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Compare how many historic aircraft incidents have happened at Duxford compared to Jersey and it's hardly surprising that they tend to notice and report Duxford!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Bl**dy Reds, now they're trying to get into the car parks to stop me leaving when they're on!

Member for

20 years 8 months

I like the professional recovery unit! Maybe they could be supported by Land Rover next season. :D :D :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

Reds Crashing,Crashing....

GO!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I thought when I first saw it he was attempting a ski-jump
take off and bottled out at the last minute!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Reading the local paper tonight there was more damage done to the aircraft trying to retrieve it than when it ran off the runway and down a slop into the pile of gravel.

However the crew were lucky the pile was there, it saved them from a 300ft drop in to St Ouens bay.

They'll be displaying tomorrow as normal.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Originally posted by bentwingbomber
Funny how an incident with an RAF aircraft at an airshow is kept fairly low in the press

But then it didnt happen at Duxford did it?

And it didn't happen at the airshow, they were arrriving, only a small point but worth pointing out, also no one was hurt in the incident only the pride of Flt Lt Jez Griggs!!!

However today we had another incident with a Harrier which landed with a hydraulic fault, the press managed to get it wrong again by saying it was a GR3.

Member for

21 years 1 month

I wonder how it will get off Jersey. By sea or air? Could a big transport (like a C17) land there?
mmitch.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Pulling her up that slope by her noseleg isnt exactly the best way
of recovering her ! I think they should have invested in a crane for a couple of hours and a slinging kit from 'crash and smash'
at St.Athan. The noseleg is ideal for towing on the flat but your putting an enormous strain on her going up a slope like that.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mitch - the easiest way will be be fly a team out from St. Athan-fix her and then get the aircrew to fly her back to Scampton. I cannot remember if Scampton has heavy recs or not but it's not rocket science to get her home.
As for a C-17 I am sure it could easily get into Jersey - I think Channel Express use A-300 freighters into there so tactical airlifters shouldn't be a problem!

Member for

24 years 3 months

We've had DC10's and 757's in here in the past, so I reckon a C17 with it's reasonable short field capability shouldn't be much of a problem.

They managed to damage the tail section as the dragged it up the slope, in fact the strap broke at one point and the aircraft rolled back to do more damage.

As the RAF are getting new Hawks, maybe they'll scrap it on site !!!!;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think they could have called the AA out and had a better job done. Just look at what the strop is attached to - it just looks like
a comedy of errors.