Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Victory show 2018

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 11group
    Rank 5 Registered User

The Victory show 2018

Hi
    Just a heads up from this how is weekend.I hope the flying takes place and the weathers ok.

www.thevictoryshow.co.uk/
  • TonyT
    Rank 5 Registered User

Yup, shall be attending, had my pre show bath at Brunty to get acclimatised.....

Comment

• TonyT
      Rank 5 Registered User

Two superb days out for me, cracking weather, lots of loud bangs, but I was there for the flying side of things....

Harvard Beech Duo by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Comment

• jeepman
        infrequent poster now

Two good days for me as well, combining meeting lots of friends from the military vehicle world with excellent displays from aircraft of the same era, taking off from the next door field - so near that you could feel the hollow thump in the ground as aircraft landed. Once again the C47 short field operations amazed and there was a goodly selection of USAAF, RAF and Luftwaffe aircraft, some posed between flights with re-enactors and the appropriate authentic hardware such as bowsers, tractors and runway control caravans. Harvards seemed very plentiful, especially on Sunday, which was very nice to see.

That the C47 dropped sticks of parachutists (jumping with authentic round canopies) was an added bonus. Ignore the modern fly-ins on the far side of the strip and the whole place had the feel of a temporary strip during the Battle of France or a Normandy Advanced Landing Ground.

Standing on the drivers footstep, leaning on the cab roof of a Wartime Bedford 15cwt definitely ranks as one of my most evocative airshow experiences.

my thanks to all the pilots who contributed to what everybody I have spoken to regarded as a fantastic weekend.
        JM

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X