Hawker Hind Instrument Panel

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 3 months

Does anyone have a good picture of an original Hawker Hind instrument panel , or better still a listing of parts - in particular the type of clock and sec/ref for the various switches. I haven't been able to find a copy of Hind Pilots Notes either, so maybe that has some detail? Thanks in advance.

Original post

Member for

15 years 6 months

That sounds like a nice project - mainly familiar instruments arranged in a fun way!

Member for

17 years 6 months

From a parts list of spares to be provided to the Afghan government:

6A/117 Mark V.A. Indicator, engine speed
6A/109 Mark V.A. Head, pressure
6A/282 Mark I.X.C. Indicator, air speed
6A/302 Mark I Indicator turning type B
6A/370 - Venturi head type B
6A/84 Mark V.I.A. Gauge fuel pressure 0-10
Mark II Televel fuel contents gauge complete
6A/311 Mark I.X.C. Gauge transmitting oil pressure
6A/486 Mark I.I.C. Gauge Boost. -4 plus 8
6A/230 Mark V.I. Thermometer radiator
6A/155 Mark I.A. Thermometer oil pressure
6A/9 Mark V.B. Altimeter
6A/389 Type B Fore and Aft level

Member for

13 years 3 months

Thanks for the list aircraftclocks. My guess on the instruments was about 90% correct. Finding a Televel is still a challenge though. Aerovintage do have a few useful bits as well.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sorry for the poor quality.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]262227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]262228[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

13 years 3 months

Anneorac- excellent! Thanks very much. I take it that this document is some sort of stores provisioning list? By any chance does it also have the 5C or 5CW section for the Hind - that would identify the switches which are the last items I need.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I don't appear to have recorded the title as I was in a bit of a rush when I photographed these a good number of years ago but I think they are from the unit equipment tables which used to form the Appendix to the Volume III (Spares Schedule) of an Air Publication.

5c items

[ATTACH=CONFIG]262244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]262245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]262246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]262247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]262248[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

13 years 3 months

More great info - thanks again.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The box is a Jettison Switch which appears to be missing its flap plate and indicator lamp. I think the other item which is half hidden by the throttle is possibly the valve for the main fuel tank.

Member for

13 years 6 months

The electrical box is a Jetison switch (Bomb or Stores) 5D/591 or similar, the clips that plug in either side are 5D/593 596 etc.

The square sitting on spacers is indeed a Constantinesco Valve adjustment tap( The tap not seen in photo), for the synchronization gear.

Regards Mike

Member for

13 years 3 months

Mike - thanks very much , just what I needed to know. Now all I need to do is find them. Would anyone know of a source?

Regards Mike N.