Duxford BoB Airshow - P51D Mid-Air Collision - AAIB Report Published

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

For those interested, the report into the collision between G-SHWN & G-BIXL at last September's show has been published: -

https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib-investigation-to-north-american-p-51d-mustang-g-shwn-and-north-american-p-51d-20-modified-mustang-g-bixl

Cheers

Paul

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

The last sentence of the report is very telling "It was only providence that prevented this accident from resulting in a catastrophic outcome." Safe Legends everyone:)

Member for

24 years 2 months

What an honest and refreshing read- very good.

Member for

16 years 5 months

Agreed. I’m sure everyone from both sides of the fence appreciates honesty and “I need to do better” rather than excuses and finger pointing.
Safe weekend guys!

Rob

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for posting the CAA document Auster Fan.

The AAIB report and John Dodd's article prove that no matter how well trained, professional, and experienced a display pilot you are, there is still be 'human factors' that will sometimes make their presence.

Cheers

Paul

Member for

19 years 5 months

Notice that the CAA gets the designations correct... :)

Member for

16 years 5 months

I wonder if it's beyond the wit of man to come up with an air display 3d digital simulation on a pc, so everyone can see what the briefing is describing.

Member for

6 years 1 month

Maybe it’d be a good idea to have transparency. Let’s get that display briefing in the public domain...