Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pima Air and Space Museum acquires rare Havoc (another one!)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pima Air and Space Museum acquires rare Havoc (another one!)

Fantastic news and I will certainly be making a trip to Tucson very soon!

http://warbirdinformationexchange.or...hp?f=3&t=66670

So definitely not going to RAF Hendon then, what caused that deal to fall through?
    Cees

Comment

No Spitfire Cees?Cant remember it arriving here in Australia.
      "If the C.O. ask's you to be Tail End Charlie...just shoot him!!!....A Piece of Cake.
      http://spitfirea58-27.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

"Of course that didn't stop the complaints on the Key aviation forum when the RAF Museum loaned them a Spitfire that was in storage (and doing no one much good").

It's nice to be remembered...……….
        Why be your own worse critic, that's what the forum is for.

Comment

I knew you'd be pleased...
          There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

Here a shot I took at Wangaratta on 28 October 2013.

Originally destined for the RAF Museum for a Spitfire exchange...but sadly overtaken by tragic family events.

Mark

"...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

My feelings are mixed about this, a Havoc/Boston variant of some sort would be very welcome in the UK and I was very pleased to hear about BigNig coming to RAFM, so on the one hand it's a disappointment. On the other hand it's a USAAF A20G and Pima is a great home for it; I can imagine they're pleased as punch to have it. It will at least finally be on public display somewhere.
              "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

Comment

Working...
              X