De Havilland Aircraft Drawing Office Handbook

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi all.

I'm slowly working away on uploading all pubs for our airworthy restoration of Vampire FB.9 R1382.
http://vhjet.com/home/publications/

Have just uploaded a DH DO handbook that may be of interest to other DH restorers and fans...
http://vhjet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/DHA-Drawing-Office-Handbook-OCR.pdf

Note also I have some links to other websites with related pubs. If you have any other relevant links that you want to point out, please let me know.

Cheers.

Original post

Member for

17 years 8 months

G'day Nicko,
thanks for posting DH DO handbook file!
Martin

Member for

14 years 1 month

Thanks from me too - very interesting to know that DH also used the lofting on sheet metal plates & litho process - I worked in the Vickers Weybridge Mould Loft in 1959/60 where they used a similar system, but were gradually moving over to plastic film & a photo print process for detail parts & some assembly drawings during 1960.
Keith

Member for

24 years 3 months

Wow!

That is a gold mine of useful information you have on your site. So nice of you to allow free access to it.

Thank you.

Anne

Member for

11 years 9 months

Great document, thanks.

Member for

11 years 1 month

Thanks for the feedback. : - )
When I started at Hawker de Havilland at Bankstown in 1991 the tooling group were still using the litho process to print from mylars to make templates. When the place was closed down in 2013, the 'lofting table' as we called it, was still there and I was just thinking that it would be wonderful if somebody actually wanted it AND had the means etc. I wanted it but it was too big for me! I don't know what happened to it. There were a number of disposal auctions during the shut-down period and I only went to one of them.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Many thanks for these Nicko.

Cheers

Paul

Member for

16 years

Brilliant! As someone whos re-drawing old Airspeed/DH drawings this is really helpful!

Member for

11 years 1 month

I can't say there is anything illegal going on here, but I think it is a bit rude!

30+ De HAVILLAND VAMPIRE Modification Repair Maintenance Flight Manuals on CD | eBay

These are the manuals that I have scanned and provided free of charge. If you or your friends are thinking of buying - don't waste your money.

I still have plenty to upload - just juggling priorities. There are more on my site than when I started this thread.

Enjoy!

Member for

3 years 9 months

Nicki, Completely agree with you.

The 1911-22 Aeroplane CD are still on sale too; but can be found for FREE from another website. They are selling exact copies of the Smithsonian documents. 

Member for

11 years 1 month

I bet there is so much of it that we don't even know about...