CockpitFest 20th Anniversary - plans?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

Soon it will be 20 years since the first Cockpitfest. It would be nice to plan something cool. Maybe with a reunion. My daughters were really quite young during the early Fests and grew up with others all around the country that only met at the Fest. I have not missed a Fest. Each year I add to my list of pits taken. Thoughts?

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

Perhaps we could have a chat at the weekend and bounce around a few ideas!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Happy to! A must would be the old cricket match!

Member for

18 years 2 months

We'll have to get NAM to make sure that the car parking area doesn't get over used! They could even mark out a proper pitch - like they have done for marking out the cockpit & Aeroboot / Aerojumble spaces.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Next year is the 20th Cockpitfest. It would be great to have:
Photos thru the years
Cockpits and descendants from that first event
As many people who came that year

Commemorative item?
For my part, I will be bringing the Mk5 and a display of Tornado stuff to mark them going out of service

Member for

18 years 2 months

As per the previous post on the Aeroboot/Aerojumble thread:

"The date for Cockpit-Fest 2019 & the associated Aeroboot / Aerojumble has now been set for 22 & 23 June 2019; the with the 2019 spring Indoor sale set for 13 April 2019.

Listed in here on the NAM website!"

The 20th 'factor' will be built into the planning for the event and last week's debrief has already yielded an additional 9 Aeroboot/Aerojumble spaces to be built into the site layout; perhaps we need to try and get NAM to allocate a special area for some sort of special celebration!

Member for

18 years 3 months

I like the idea of a Tornado display Tony, there is quite a few of us with collections of Tornado cockpits, panels and bits & pieces.

Member for

19 years 2 months

That would be great F4MPhixer . It is an amazing aircraft and backbone of strike and AD.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Looking for photos, particularly from the first 5 years

Member for

18 years 2 months

I have a reasonable selection from across the 19 years; what were you thinking of using them for?

You're even in this one from 2001!! :)

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

I think a photo display would be nice and maybe a booklet of all attendees? It’s deffo not for personal profit, just a record whilst we still remember!!

Member for

18 years 2 months

They sound like interesting ideas, I'll make sure that they go into the discussions at NAM - perhaps include some sort of list for each Cockpit-Fest to note attending exhibits etc.

Member for

13 years

Next year is also the fiftieth annversary of the entry into RAF service of the Harrier and the Transatlantic Air Race

Member for

19 years 2 months

sounds like I know what you should bring and Ill bring my XV744 grip too!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Does anyone have a reasonable list of attendees (display/cockpit vs name vs year) please. I am happy to collate but need something to collate!

Member for

18 years 2 months

The cockpits are listed in Wrecks & Relics; it starts in edition 19 onwards (that edition has years 1 through 4 listed) so KE would have a list & I can also source the majority of items from the NAM Dispersal newsletter (just need to create the time to draw it all together).

Member for

19 years 2 months

Brilliant, my WR are AWOL at moment