John Farley

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 8 months

Very sad to report that John died peacefully last night.
A great man gone.....RIP

Original post

Member for

15 years 11 months

Sad news indeed, I have a lovely print he signed for me in the late 70's. RIP.

Member for

19 years

Indeed, that is sad. R.I.P.

Did he have any conenction with Farley Farm airfield?

Member for

24 years 3 months

He had incredible flying skills, especially in the Harrier. I am glad to have called him a friend and a colleague at City University London. Whenever he came to talk to the aeronautical engineering students you could hear a pin drop - he kept them spellbound - not an easy thing to do with 20-year olds!

A great loss.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Yet another piece of sad news of a true great that gave his all to aviation. RIP Mr Farley

Geoff.

Member for

19 years 3 months

It’s been a sad June for the test flying community. First Tony Clark and now John. Blue skies gents....true role models.

Member for

19 years 9 months

I'm not someone who has 'heroes' but John certainly qualifies. Sadly, I never got the chance to meet him, but we corresponded over the years on various aspects of the Harrier story, and I was always in awe of the fact that he gave me, a mere enthusiast, so much time and information.

RIP John, the drink I promised you will have to wait a while (I hope)

Member for

17 years 11 months

Met John a number of times at North Weald, a great genuine guy I remember his talk at the Squadron, I think he may of even done a couple of talks.

Member for

16 years 3 months

To me he was always and always will be "Mr Harrier"....... RIP

Member for

12 years 8 months

I am posting this from Sheila, John's daughter;
In the name of the family, I would like to express our gratitude for the posts, the shared memories, the photos.
My father touched so many peoples’ lives in so many ways.
His life and his life’s work are being celebrated and we would like everyone to know what a consolation this is for us.
Our heartfelt thanks,
Sheila Farley