B25 "Photo Fanny" heading to the UK

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 10 months

As noted on the Planes of Fame instagram page. Their B25 "Photo Fanny" is on its way to the UK!

Anyone know if its staying or just passing through?

Untitled

Original post

Member for

17 years 1 month

There’s certainly “a” B25 coming to the U.K. to stay!
FB

Member for

19 years 5 months

Certainly an under represented type in the UK.
Considering the amount of warbirds in the UK and the fact the Mitchell has the highest number of airworthy WWII bombers, I'm surprised there hasn't been a UK flyer for years.

Member for

13 years 11 months

The POF B-25 going to the UK/Europe is most certainly for the filming for the new Catch-22 series (I know of another B-25 that the production company was originally interested in having fly over there, but the operator/organization ultimately decided against it due to the potential risk involved).

Member for

8 years 8 months

Just seen one B-25 fly over Great Yeldham and (what looked like a 2nd) further away and 7-8 min later!

Member for

11 years 7 months

interesting, only Axis Nightmare showed up on FR24? Looking forward to some photos later, hopefully?

Member for

13 years 11 months

Both "Photo Fanny" and "Axis Nightmare" traveled over the Atlantic a couple months back to take part in the filming for the new "Catch-22" mini-series, in Sardinia, Italy, thus both would be traveling back together again.

Member for

6 years 7 months

Anymore info on their position? Cant find them on FR24

Member for

11 years 7 months

Arrived at Duxford about an hour ago

Member for

11 years 7 months

John, I don't think they flew over together. I was lucky enough to see Photo Fanny fly over when she was on her way to Italy. I was digging on the allotment in Hampshire and it caught me completely unexpected - I nearly fell over! She appeared to be alone.

Despite her altitude, the sound was magnificent and the sight of the aircraft shining in the sun was quite something. I thought it was a B-25 (a scarce sight in the UK) and, it was only through this Forum, FR24 and a bit of digging around on the web for info on the film, that I was able to confirm her identity.

Member for

6 years 7 months

Any idea for how long they are staying at Duxford? Might go see them tomorrow if they are still there.

Member for

11 years 7 months

Wow! that first picture reminds me of long gone days, in dad's Cortina, going past Blackbushe along the A30...

Member for

14 years 1 month

A shame they couldn't stay for legends....We could have seen three flying together.

Member for

17 years 11 months

Typical get to Duxford for the first time in 4 years for Legends and i miss these two by a few days. It's the Canadian Lanc all over again!!

Edit Would it be wrong to hope they both go tech for at least a week? Come on you gremlins!!:eagerness:;)

Member for

8 years 8 months

So tell me more about the B25 that's coming to the UK to stay? Haven't heard anything about this one!

Member for

18 years 10 months

Wonder why they wouldn't stay for Legends?

Member for

19 years

Not booked, crew said they just want to get home after two months on set and arriving at DX today would mean another three nights food and accomodation to pay for before the show. I would imagine the film company funding has now ceased and the sooner they get home to their families the sooner the drain on profit made will cease. They will be departing tomorrow one at about 10-11am and the other about 14:00. They do look very good and it was a real throwback to when "Gorgeous George Anne" attended a DX show in 1978 and dripped oil everywhere...

Member for

13 years 11 months

For the "Photo Fanny" crew in particular, even once they get back to the US they still have the entire US mainland to cross to get home to their families, so still a long trek ahead of them even after crossing the Atlantic.