Peter Teichman to retire

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 5 months

The display at Southport this July will be the last one for Peter. He stands out as a very sharing person who deserves high accolades for many years of flying and devotion to restoring aircraft while juggling family and business.

Original post

Member for

15 years 1 month

That’s a ******, will he still keep his aircraft? I hope he does especially that exRussian MkIX Spitfire, that would be good to see in Russian colours.

Member for

20 years 8 months

That's a shame.

I think I only got to see him display once, in the Mustang in 2016.

Member for

20 years 7 months

I wish him all the best.I do wonder if the CAA new regulations made it an easier choice after his comments about displaying with the new restrictions.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Regulations imposed without sensible consultation and inconsistent observance of who is following the rules. Not just in aviation in the UK but a general problem. The problem of creating more rules and law but not making enough people available to police them.

Member for

16 years 8 months

Yes, that is a real shame. He has made such a tremendous contribution to the airshow circuit and will certainly be missed.
I too wish him well with whatever he does next.
Ed

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well, that is a shame, but I guess he feels the time is right.

I recall reading in the feature on him in Aeroplane that he mentioned he was going to be cutting back the amount of displays commitments so he could spend more time with his family, who he pointed out, had been very supportive in his Hangar 11 operation and display flying over the years.

As you can see from this thread, his efforts to keep a collection of historic aircraft flying and also keep them in the public eye have been very much appreciated by us!

But one has to say that since the Shoreham tragedy and all the restrictions and extra bureaucracy that has come with it for pilots (and organisers alike), you can see why some other long time display pilots have come to the same decision.

Cheers

Paul

Member for

16 years 9 months

The display at Southport this July will be the last one for Peter. He stands out as a very sharing person who deserves high accolades for many years of flying and devotion to restoring aircraft while juggling family and business.

Source? its not public knowledge if he has and normally he keeps his following folk up to date on his FB page. Would be a tragic loss to the display scene and for North Weald.

Member for

7 years 2 months

If its true then its his decision and understandable.
I do hope he keeps his remaining warbirds and still regularly pops into Wellesbourne for a cuppa . We love to see them there. If not then he's always very welcome at Wellesbourne in his Bonanza.
A very likable and approachable chap.

Member for

17 years 7 months

I am not too surprised as last year I read an article in which he said how the new regulations had taken all the fun out of display flying and even made it more of a risk due to the extra workload.
Hats of to the man and a big thank you for all of the displays and support to the aviation/airshow world!

Member for

19 years 6 months

Hardtarget

Southport Airshow FB page is a source that I have seen. May be others out there

https://www.facebook.com/SOUTHPORTAIRSHOW/

Real shame as his displays at Old Warden, especially in the Spit XI have always been a highlight for me

Chris

Member for

20 years 1 month

Good luck to him, he is safe in the knowledge that he has provided very much entertainment on the vintage aircraft circuit for some time. As said, a very approachable and amiable chap. Would he keep one aircraft to enjoy flying from time to time, or sell off the whole collection? Something we must wait to find out I'm afraid.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A Teichman display always showed off the aircraft beautifully. Thanks for all the flying, Peter. You will be missed.

Member for

9 years 4 months

I think this is due to the regulations imposed in the current day.

If memory recalls me correctly from a conversation i had with Peter last year he said that the new regulations post Shoreham have made it less enjoyable to fly those displays because of the stricter and more harsh regulations.

Top marks to Peter as hes been a true hero to vintage warbird aviation and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.

Member for

17 years 11 months

A true gent, In some ways its good he has decided to knock it on the head not good pushing on if your not happy and 100% behind your display work.
I guess he may keep one of the Spitfires or both for jolly trips out for a cuppa.
Peter I thank you and have met you on many occasions right from day one when we chatted in Intrepid Aviations Hangar when you first had the D17. You did what you said your were going to do and just like the Pantons who will get the Lanc flying you have brought much pleasure to the table.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Peter has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

I would like to thank everyone for their very kind and humbling comments. Yes, this is my last display season but to be accurate, Southport 2018 will not in fact be my last display. That will be at Old Warden on 7th October 2018 when I will bow out after a long time on the display circuit. It’s been a fabulous, amazing time and I am very grateful to all that have enriched my life in this wonderful adventure.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Mark thanks for sharing PTs comments.
I’ve enjoyed PTs displays and always felt he brought something different to display flying.
He and His aircraft will be much missed at OW but as with Peter Holloway, the planes will go to new owners and continue to be seen at displays and new pilots will bring us their interpretation of the latest display rules.
I hope PT enjoys his final display season and thereafter his private flying time.

Member for

17 years 1 month

Merlin70, I think you’ll find Peter doesn’t intend to sell his machines at all. They just won’t be on the airshow circuit.

FB

Member for

15 years 1 month

That's good to hear FB

Member for

17 years 11 months

Great news FB thank you for the update

Member for

20 years 1 month

FB does that mean they may be seen at UK airfields and airshows (static)?
In a way that’s good that they will still be in the UK but potentially sad if they are tucked away and beyond the public gaze.