2nd Viggen flying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Viggen flying

Yesterday SE-DXO made her post restoration flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiUApdCAbIs

WOW ,Is this flown as part of the military or in civilian hands.Looks and sounds wonderful.

Comment

Is this flown as part of the military or in civilian hands.
      There is a direct connection (Swedish AF Historic Flight is based on a SAF airbase) and I believe current serving pilots fly them, but all aircraft are operated under Swedish CAA regs with civil registrations.
      In effect very much like the set up of the vintage RN stuff at Yeovilton.
      I was with it all the way until letting the brakes off..........

Comment

Hi All,
        Excellent news I wish the UK CAA could give classification for other exotic types in the over here. Congratulations to the team all the hard work
        has paid off in bucket loads....

Geoff.

Comment

An amazing aeroplane, I really like the Viggen (and Draken). They came over for the Scampton show, did they not? Static only though I heard. Any ideas why?

Comment

Originally posted by KurtB View Post
            An amazing aeroplane, I really like the Viggen (and Draken). They came over for the Scampton show, did they not? Static only though I heard. Any ideas why?
            UK CAA gave them a big no for display...

Comment

I wonder what the reasoning was for the CAA to saying no?! Anyway once again it’s hats off to the Swedish AF Historic Flight.

Rob
              Facebook page
              https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

They flew displays of the Viggen, Draken and Lansen (maybe the Tunnan as well?) at the Jersey International Show last year.

Comment

Lots of info about the reason the Swedish Historic jets dont fly in the UK. Think often quoted one is that the CAA does not recognise the pilots licences, thus the Display Authorisation (DA) can not be completed.
                  The cooperation of the the Historic Flight, the Swedish Civil and the Air Force is close. Think the Lansen's have been used by the Air Force for trials and target work.
                  Last edited by CADman; 18th May 2018, 11:23.

Comment

But they recognise them enough to allow them to fly in and transit through in UK airspace, just not display......... hmmmm...... yeah, OK

Comment

It's the display authorisation part of their licence that is not recognised by the CAA so they can still fly the aircraft over here but not display them, in the air at least! The last I heard was they were hoping to have it all sorted this year.

Comment

I absolutely love this
                        Magister Aviation
                        It's all in my book

Comment

They certainly have flown displays in the UK- Viggen and SK60 twice at Waddington, and Tunnan and Draken once apiece...
                          This was pre-Shoreham, maybe the CAA's tightened-up rules have affected the Flight?
                          Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

Comment

top stuff great link and they are magic jet's, got stuck watching the road take off's and other vid's
                            Cheer's all far and WIDE!! , Tally Ho from Phil in Oz!

WHAT GOE'S UP MUST COME DOWN

Comment

"Think the Larsen's …" Not likely. However Lansens do.
                              Ken

Comment

Tunnan, SK60 and Viggen all flew at Leuchars displays as well, but like Waddington those displays are under military jurisdiction so the regulator may be different

Comment

I have childhood memories of watching the Viggen fly at the Farnborough Airshow. It was also the most recognisable aircraft when viewed from my bedroom window (which was a few miles away). Halcyon days...

Comment

Working...
                                  X