Miles Sparowjet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miles Sparowjet

Could anyone advise to what extent, if any, the Miles Sparrowjet G-ADNL, is being restored to fly?

Many thanks

I will ask around for you..

Comment

Engine in, tail is on...

Comment

But you will be disappointed as - the engine is not a jet!

Comment

Nooooo - I'd rather see a Sparrowhawk any day! It would be interesting to know how much of G-ADNL survived the Upavon fire and has gone into this restoration.

Comment

Not much metal in a Sparrowhawk and when you take out the necessary metallic bits of the Sparrowjet, not much left from that time. Shame it won't emerge as a twin jet, but any Miles product in the skies is better than none!

Comment

CAA have its Reference "G-ADNL/R7" - does that denote rebuild status? If so it's had a busy life.

Comment

R7 refers to the number of registered owners under that reg since allocation
                It is only kinky the first time...

Comment

A real speed amchine...172 mph would look good at Old Warden Race days http://www.air-racing-history.com/ai...row%20Hawk.htm

Comment

R7 refers to the number of registered owners under that reg since allocation
                    Aah - makes more sense: thanks

Comment

Sorry if it's a little off topic and is not quite the real thing, but at the weekend I was sorting through the balsa models my late father made (but mostly never completed) which included the Sparrowjet.

Last edited by darren; 4th June 2018, 19:59.

Comment

Working...
                      X