Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone got one of these cockpit spotlights please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone got one of these cockpit spotlights please?

Hi

If you have one of the attached might I ask if you could take two measurements for me please?

Firstly the diameter of the flared end (internal diameter not overall).

Secondly the distance from the flared end to the filament of the bulb.

I am modelling this light for my 3D Stirling and with accurate dimensions I should be able to reproduce the way in which the cockpit was lit in flight. Much better if you have a working bulb in the lamp. In which case I would appreciate the diameter of the circle of light and the (perpendicular) distance from the flared end of the lamp to the wall.

Cheers
    James
    Attached Files

Hi James

Could do with 2 of these for ours

John
    http://www.stirlingproject.co.uk

Comment

They look remarkably like the shade and bulbholder fitted to the Lancaster navigator's anglepoise lamp. Does anyone know if they are identical?
      Andy

Comment

hi Andy

they could be but Shorts have given them a unique LH and RH Pt No. It could be that they have a small modification from a standard part. They're not very big as you can see in comparison to the bulb holder in the AP extract

John
        http://www.stirlingproject.co.uk

Comment

Hi

The Nav lamp has different curves I think. It looks af if the lamp holder itself might be the same but just fitted witha different 'shade'.

However I don't really know - I'm not even certain that the previous photo is one of the lamps in question.

The pic below is a Nav lamp I believe. I suspect that the nav lamp would need a wider beam to light up the table while too wide a beam for the 'floodlight' would illuminate too much of the cockpit.

Cheers
          James
          Attached Files

Comment

I agree that the shape isn't quite the same, although the size looks about right.
            There are some newly made ones on ebay, item 132447549634
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X