Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group captain Gledhill

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group captain Gledhill

I bought a g type helmet at Newark yesterday named to Group Captain Gledhill I wondered if anyone knew anything about him? The helmet is dated 1961, odd thing is it is wired with a wartime type loom. Any help appreciated.

Wing Commander T.C. Gledhill was O.C. 10 Sqn at Raf Cottesmore from Jan 62 to Mar 64 when I was there. Flew the HP Victor B1

Comment

He took part in Operation Grapple too, see: https://nuclearhistory.wordpress.com...-in-australia/

Comment

Thank you both, that gives me a starting point. What I like about collecting is the ability to take you in unexpected directions. I have never read much about operation grapple, the above post was most interesting.

Comment

Just wondering whether he might be related to David Gledhill; ex-Phantom & Tornado navigator & aviation author?

David is often associated with the Phantom XV490 cockpit on loan at Newark & is a regular at Cockpit-Fest (I don't think that he attended the Aeroboot last weekend).
          Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
          Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

Comment