RAF Celebrate The Anniversary Of Pacman

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 5 months

https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/raf100-roundel-design-sticker-set.html

https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/image/e9c3970ab036de70892d86c6d221abfe/r/a/raf100_roundel_window_sticker3.jpg

:apologetic::apologetic::apologetic:

Original post

Member for

6 years 1 month

Send in the roundel police! Is that the pc version? Not offensive to rings or infringement of RAF copyright.
Seriously though, what does it mean?!?

Member for

24 years 2 months

No doubt some design firm will have been paid thousands to come up with that and it will be oozing with clever meaning, but...WTF?

Member for

19 years 1 month

Jeez - what a mess of a design :confused:

Member for

20 years 4 months

Does it work like the rings on the Apple Watch?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259871[/ATTACH]
Do you have to fly so many training sorties, perform some displays and carry out a few parades to close the rings? :p

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's obviously the non-binary fluid version....

It doesn't even consist of the RAF 'colours'?

Clue. Haven't. A. Got.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Nope - even now I cannot visualise how 100 years of RAF roundels has morphed into gold, aquamarine, dark blue and white.

As this appears to be an MoD rebranding exercise, "Commemorate, Celebrate, Inspire", maybe they need to add a fourth word to their brand, "Confuse"....

Maybe the same firm that did this one?...

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe "Perfect Curve" are responsible -
"What have we got here?..."

Member for

18 years 1 month

...And there was me thinking it was the roundel of some obscure African airforce.

Back to the drawing board then. It's obviously too clever for me to figure out.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Reply from the RAFM -

"The sticker which is on sale in our shop is the dynamic roundel design which is the branding being used by RAF100 to celebrate the Centenary of the RAF. The RAF100 logo is inspired by the original RAF Roundel and will be being used by all RAF100 partners throughout the year as we commemorate and celebrate the first 100 years of the RAF.

RAF100 is a joint campaign being ran by The Royal Air Force, The RAF Association, The RAF Benevolent Fund, The RAF Charitable Trust and The RAF Museum. The money raised by any of the RAF100 products being sold in our shop will be divided equally between these organisations throughout the Centenary year."

Which doesn't really explain why or what

Member for

18 years 1 month

I'm still lost! So what's with the choice of colours?

Member for

19 years 10 months

......that's my next question if they come back to me, I've kindly sent them a link to this page -I've got nothing against the idea, I just don't understand how anyone will associate it with the RAF, it looks like a Software Company logo

Member for

16 years 3 months

...And there was me thinking it was the roundel of some obscure African airforce.

Rochford.... You mean it isn't ???!!!

Member for

18 years 1 month

...Well, if it isn't, it should be.

Any regime changes in the offing in that part of the woods? Make a nice roundel for someone.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well, the RAFM reply is just full of PR guff that doesn't actually explain a single sodding thing, then!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Have a read here...

As soon as I read the buzz words "Primarily targeting millennials" I knew they were talking out of their hipster botty orifices...

The resulting campaign identity is built around the RAF100 and RAF@100 letter forms which evolved from the core RAF logo. These act as both a marque and a window allowing graphic layering of past, present and future RAF activities and also have the flexibility to be used in different orientations. The use of the @100 device is also a key element to connect the RAF with its partners and helps to present the RAF in a more contemporary way.

Utter rowlocks....

Definitely from the same PR mould as Perfect Curve

Member for

24 years 2 months

So.... a most recognizable 'branded' roundel is replaced with....this? It's got to be an April Fool.

Has anyone seen the 100th anniversary commemorative colour scheme on a Typhoon tail? The newly unveiled RCAF commemorative NORAD scheme shows what's possible with a bit of leadership and pride.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Watching the BBC rebranding episode of W1A I'm even more convinced "Creative Poo(l)" thought that Perfect Curve were PR trailblazers and they were real...

I bet they all stand at their desks, cos that's just so, like, you know, on trend, isn't it

Member for

19 years 5 months

Yesterday I was at the excellent Battle of Britain Memorial in Kent. My wife saw some items (a die-cast key ring and patch) in the gift Shoppe with that logo and asked what it was.

I had to admit I didn't know, but after looking at several items offered, I figured out it had something to do with the centennial.

I'm no graphic design expert, but isn't the idea of having a logo instant recognition?

I enjoyed the memorial. Excellent design (by that you could understand the meaning of the prop design with pilot overlooking the channel...perhaps that's not obscure enough for millennials :) ). Very friendly staff.

The Jackdaw was open and happily, they have a few photos from the Battle of Britain film so you can compare the pub as it was.