Low flying Dakota? over South lincs 11am this morning. Any ideas on what it was?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

6 years 7 months

Hello,

I saw a dakota (im 99% sure it was) flying over my work today at approx. 11-12am. I am certain it is a Dakota by the distinctive noise, engines and it had full invasion stripes however I could not mark out the defining feature which is of course the roundel. It was going extremely low, rooftop infact (200ft it think is min. alt they are allowed to fly). As it is a weekday and out-of-season I dont think it was for a particular event but I might be wrong. So my question is : did anyone else see and and ID it as Drag-Em-Oot, 'L4' or the BBMF one? Checked BBMF social media and could only find a post 21hr ago that had a vid of it flying, nothing else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Olly

Original post

Definitely a C-47, about 500' I'd say. Nothing on FR24, probably BBMF's out for a bimble?

Member for

19 years 3 months

From that Facebook video, I've taken a screen grab and cropped it. I see a Dakota/C-47 shape, and I swear I see evidence of invasion stripes on the rear fuselage. For comparison, see the photo of the BBMF Dakota, found at https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7237345. I flipped the photo horizontally so that it is flying left-to-right.

Attachments

Member for

8 years 8 months

The BBMFs was up earlier until an electrical gremlin caused that to stop

Member for

24 years 3 months

I saw it up over Spalding around the same time, looked like the BBMF aircraft from where i was...............