Newark Spring 2018 Aeroboot Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted on other fora & NAM Twitter feed:

"Details of some ex-Vulcan avionics that are being offered for sale on the museum stall at the Indoor Aeroboot Sale on Saturday 14th April have been added to our website!

Proceeds from this disposal will go towards the ongoing restoration / repaint of Vulcan XM594."
    Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
    Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

Comment

Revised 'Key Information' Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble data added to the NAM website!

Still sold out in Hangar 2 - possible outside pitches still being considered & some discussions held with possible sellers over suitable locations; a lot still depends on state of play regarding new caf & toilet project - this may start to be resolved next week when it is due to be delivered!

Comment

Howard,

I presume that the entry tickets sent out for the 3rd March will be utilised as legitimate entry for the re-arranged date then?

Martyn

GYD

Comment

Evening Martyn, yes the previous passes & table allocations will remain valid; website now updated with a note to that effect

".... the passes & table locations notified for the cancelled event in March remain valid for the rearranged date."

Comment

A revised & updated Sellers Listing has just been reactivated on the NAM website for the rearranged Indoor Aeroboot /Aerojumble Sale on 14th April 2018!

Please follow instructions in this link to the NAM website if you have any items to add to the listing!

Comment

There is now under a week to go until the rearranged Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble on Saturday 14th April.

A couple of previous sellers have decided that they might look at selling outside, but in the last 48 hours another indoor opportunity has become available.

To cope with the number of invited guest at todays RAF Balderton Commemoration & Book Launch NAM hired in a small marquee that has been added on to the end of the Dambusters Hut. This marquee is being retained for most of April and will therefore be available during next Saturdays Aeroboot Sale. Please see photo attached.

The current plan is to have the bacon butty stall in the far end of the marquee (near to the display boards in the photo); however looking at the visitor flows today NAM reckons it could accommodate 5 additional Aeroboot tables in the marquee. As such I have been asked to see if anyone would be interested in booking any of these tables, albeit they are approximately 100m away from the other tables, but any open air sellers would be located on the route between the two locations.

If anyone is interested they can PM me their details; as with all NAM sales the spaces must be pre-booked; as spaces are no longer allocated on the day.
              Attached Files

Comment

NAM now has an additional booking for 2 of the recently added extra Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble tables in the Dambusters Hut marquee this is to a seller from Belgium!

Good to see some face to face international aviation trading on Saturday 14th April.

The sellers listing was also updated yesterday - info in the same link!!

Comment

I hope you have the kettle stoked up Howard...!
                  Restoring Meteor NF.14 WS788, one rusty nail at a time...

Comment

“… kettle stoked..” we’ve got near drought conditions in Nottinghamshire!

(A drought from any sunshine!!)

I look forward to a chat on Saturday (45th Anniversary of NAM officially opening to the public 14.04.73) – cuppas are on me if you purchase the recently published book "Station of Nations – The History of RAF Balderton" from the Museum Shop.

See you Saturday!!

Comment

I've been so busy finishing my latest "illustrated guide" that I've forgotten to provide a "sellers list", so if there's still time could you please add an entry for me, Howard?

Besides all the usual stuff, I'm planning to dispose of my collection of wartime bombing equipment (Stores Ref. 5D). I'll have bomb selector switchboxes, bomb distributors (including a rare, early hand operated distributor), bomb release switches, etc.

Thanks!
                      The garage that keeps on giving.

Comment

Sorted Air Ministry I've had the info added in here http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Aerob...ng_Seller_Info see you on Saturday morning!

Comment

The Plugmeister never fails! See you Saturday Howard!
                          Restoring Meteor NF.14 WS788, one rusty nail at a time...

Comment

Well I,m looking forward to it !

On the look out for Merlin parts.....

Jules

Comment

You taking any grips Air Ministry?! Sadly I won’t be there, so hopefully won’t miss anything
                              Tony Dyer
                              https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

Nice to see some interest bubbling up for Saturday - busy day tomorrow setting out the tables in Hangar 2 & get ready for the 'big-day'!

Quick guide & sellers info can be found on this part of the NAM website! http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Museum-Events

Comment

You taking any grips Air Ministry?!
                                  Yes, I'll probably chuck a handful in the back o' the van.

Comment

While clearing all the bombing equipment off the shelves I've stumbled across a boxed Type G oxygen mask - what do they fetch these days?

Comment

What sort and price range will your grips be? Having recently got a sea Vixen grip I might like to add to it with some other types.

Comment

What type of grips do you have for sale please ?

Comment

As part of the site set-up activities today NAM has done a quick assessment of the grassed areas at the museum, and while some are rather soft most access routes around the site and in the car parking area should hold up OK.

That said NAM urges everyone (sellers & buyers) to please follow any directions given by the marshals as they will have been briefed on where is best to run vehicles. A couple of areas to note are as follows:

The direct route across to the south side of Hangar 2 (Jet Provost & Beverley cockpit access door) has changed following the installation of the new caf; please follow instructions as there are also a couple of soft areas of ground where the service trenches have been dug quite recently.

Other than people on foot there will be no vehicle access between the Northfield & Southfield sites, via the culvert area near the Heron & Anderson Shelter.

Please follow the directions provided to help make sure that no one gets stuck.

Also sellers will be asked to move their vehicles away from Hangar 2 after they have unloaded. Parking areas on firmer ground will be available to the east of Hangar 2 (near missiles & radar cabins) and down where Cockpit-Fest was held last year.

Comment

Working...
                                          X