2018 Aerojumbles & Aeroboots

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Someone else flagged up the idea / suggestion for a thread to list 2018 Aerojumbles & Aeroboots so I thought why not go for it! :)

So to start off the dates for Newark Air Museum’s sale events in 2018 are:

Spring Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble – Saturday 14th April (following cancellation of 03.03.18 sale)

Summer Outdoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble (as part of Cockpit-Fest) – Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th June

Autumn Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble – Saturday 13th October

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

Following on from TwinOtter I've put dates in chronological order, this is by no means concise and I'm sure there will be a few more Aerojumble dates out there which can be added to the list:

Newark Aerojumble 3rd March 2018
Popham aerojumble 7th May 2018
Old Sarum aerobilia 19th May 2018
Kenley aerojumble 3rd June 2018
Newark Aerojumble 23rd and 24th June 2018
Crowland aeoboot & militaria 7th July 2018
Brooklands Retrojumble 22nd July 2018
Newark Aerojumble 13th October 2018

Member for

16 years 5 months

Well done gentlemen!

Rob

Member for

18 years 1 month

Didn't someone mention a March date for a Hooton Park event?

Member for

16 years 2 months

Hooton Park Militaria and Aviation Fair, March 18th.

Had an invitation but undecided as to whether to attend. Past events have been more Aviation Fair than Aerojumble, if you know what I mean.

Member for

12 years 5 months

I didn't realize Popham were still holding an event. I thought it had tailed off altogether.
Did the Crowland last year and picked up some nice items such as Typhoon throttle parts,Hurricane fuel gauge NOS but to name a few.
The Griffon engine run was loud and good!!

Member for

18 years 1 month

Amended Spring date for Newark Air Museum:

Spring Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble – Saturday 14th April (following cancellation of 03.03.18 sale)

Member for

16 years 2 months

Popham now looming on Monday 7th. Weather forecast at the moment looks promising but stall costs have put me off attending.

Such a pity, Popham was unmissable in its heyday.

Best of luck to anyone visiting!

Kind of miss Shoreham...well, only kind of!

Member for

13 years 3 months

So do i it was for me the best aerojumble on the calender,would love to see it back but i guess the costings are to high.

Dam shame..

Real Aeroplane Company, Breighton Aerodrome, Near Selby - Fly-In & Aerojumble - June 10th
http://www.realaero.com/

Member for

20 years 5 months

I am planning on attending Popham. It is disappointing how much it's gone downhill aviation wise.

I do miss the original Tangmere aerojumble, when everything was always a bargain.

Member for

13 years 6 months

Tempting me to cross the pond, arn't y'all!

Member for

19 years 9 months

Yes looking forward to Popham on the 7th May, weekend weather looks good too !
Next aerojumble as far as I can see are:
19th May at Old Sarum
3rd June at Kenley aerodrome
Good hunting everyone!

Member for

13 years 3 months

Went along today at the crack of dawn a great event for the classic car enthusiast but little in the way of aviation items i would say there was around three stalls with aero items but more in the way of classic car stalls,the one item that caught my eye was a Junkers 88A-4 rear cockpit gun turret that appeared to be complete with glass and gun mount it was up for £350 kind of kicked myself for not making an offer but i have just recently purchased one less the glass and mount (never mind always next time or will there) also bumped into FLY.BUY and had a nice chat and catch up along the way.
Overall a good day i have to admit i like the buzz of going along to these events not knowing what might just turn up, nice to come back with a few quid for a change (mind you)

Member for

19 years 9 months

Finally a glorious sunny day at Popham this year. In recent years the venue has been dogged with bank holiday wind and rain but the weather today was positively different. The layout seemed a lot more compact on this occasion, not a bad thing and saved on some leg work trying to take everything in. Personally I would say that there was noticeably a lot less 'proper' Aerojumble stalls today and by this I mean those stalls selling aircraft parts, and this probably equated to less than a handful of stalls. Some Aerojumble stalwarts were not present with their stalls this year, I believe that stalls were about £45 a pitch and this may have contributed to their non attendance. The majority of stalls were either autojumble selling car or motorcycle parts or those selling power tools, however this was as expected having been to this event on a number of occasions, the venue being predominantly geared towards motor vehicles. I really didn't note anything worth mentioning for sale other than a Ju-88 rear end gun emplacement / turret and a Miles Martinet cockpit window frame.
I think Old Sarum is the next Aerojumble on the caldenner circuit, "It's all about the chase!"

Member for

16 years 2 months

I believe that stalls were about £45 a pitch

Plus an additional £10 if you haven't pre-booked (as I hadn't). Kerching!

Then, if you've driven a long way and fancy stopping overnight for an early start homewards on tuesday morning, that's another £10. Kerching!

And all for an aerojumble the promoters do sod all to promote!

Member for

19 years 2 months

I had stalled at Popham since the good old days. Turned up at 8am as a punter, not allowed in until 10am. There were a few disgruntled people there. I asked the organiser why we could not go in early and she came out with a post shoreham explanation which I do not buy. So sent off with a flea in my ear. Went back at 0930 and they had started to allow punters in. Nice weather, but the event has lost its fun, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Nice to see some old faces but the reputation of Popham being the friendliest and cheapest jumble has long gone. Miss old Dick and his super dream/sidecar

Member for

13 years

Who are you calling old?

I was really disappointed. Hardly any aerojumble stalls, all car related. I'm told this was largely due to the cost of stalls, it's certainly cheaper on the other days and events. I didn't see the bloke on the unicycle too. Having to walk in next to the cars was interesting, breating in masses of dust and smoke.

That said, there were some very attractive light aircraft there, including two registerd in Germany that I'd never seen before and didn't have a clue as to what they were.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Hmmm...tough choice this weekend. Royal wedding or aerojumble, which would you choose?

Not being a noted monarchist I know where I'll be, even though it's a ****** long drive. See you all down there?

Member for

18 years 1 month

The summer Aeroboot /Aerojumble booking information is now on the NAM website http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Museum-Events

They're also asking previous sellers to respond to the recent GDPR information update & people need to reply to remain in contact with the museum!