2018 Aerojumbles & Aeroboots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Aerojumbles & Aeroboots

Someone else flagged up the idea / suggestion for a thread to list 2018 Aerojumbles & Aeroboots so I thought why not go for it!

So to start off the dates for Newark Air Museum’s sale events in 2018 are:

Spring Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble – Saturday 14th April (following cancellation of 03.03.18 sale)

Summer Outdoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble (as part of Cockpit-Fest) – Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th June

Autumn Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble – Saturday 13th October
    Last edited by TwinOtter23; 27th February 2018, 19:52. Reason: Info update!
    Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
    Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

Following on from TwinOtter I've put dates in chronological order, this is by no means concise and I'm sure there will be a few more Aerojumble dates out there which can be added to the list:

Newark Aerojumble 3rd March 2018
    Popham aerojumble 7th May 2018
    Old Sarum aerobilia 19th May 2018
    Kenley aerojumble 3rd June 2018
    Newark Aerojumble 23rd and 24th June 2018
    Crowland aeoboot & militaria 7th July 2018
    Brooklands Retrojumble 22nd July 2018
    Newark Aerojumble 13th October 2018

Comment

Well done gentlemen!

Rob
      Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

Didn't someone mention a March date for a Hooton Park event?

Comment

Hooton Park Militaria and Aviation Fair, March 18th.

Had an invitation but undecided as to whether to attend. Past events have been more Aviation Fair than Aerojumble, if you know what I mean.
          The garage that keeps on giving.

Comment

I didn't realize Popham were still holding an event. I thought it had tailed off altogether.
            Did the Crowland last year and picked up some nice items such as Typhoon throttle parts,Hurricane fuel gauge NOS but to name a few.
            The Griffon engine run was loud and good!!

Comment

Amended Spring date for Newark Air Museum:

Spring Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble Saturday 14th April (following cancellation of 03.03.18 sale)

Comment

Popham now looming on Monday 7th. Weather forecast at the moment looks promising but stall costs have put me off attending.

Such a pity, Popham was unmissable in its heyday.

Best of luck to anyone visiting!

Comment

Kind of miss Shoreham...well, only kind of!
                  Editor: 'Britain at War' Magazine

A 'Key Publishing' product - Britain's Best Selling Military History Monthly

Comment

So do i it was for me the best aerojumble on the calender,would love to see it back but i guess the costings are to high.

Dam shame..

Comment

Real Aeroplane Company, Breighton Aerodrome, Near Selby - Fly-In & Aerojumble - June 10th
                      http://www.realaero.com/
                      Stephen Carr

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

See my Websites Here

Comment

I am planning on attending Popham. It is disappointing how much it's gone downhill aviation wise.

I do miss the original Tangmere aerojumble, when everything was always a bargain.

Comment

Tempting me to cross the pond, arn't y'all!
                          Do17 recovery fund
                          Since 2004 dedicated to researching Do-17, 1000+ period photos, manuals, history, technology to put aircraft in perspective.

Comment

Yes looking forward to Popham on the 7th May, weekend weather looks good too !
                            Next aerojumble as far as I can see are:
                            19th May at Old Sarum
                            3rd June at Kenley aerodrome
                            Good hunting everyone!

Comment

Went along today at the crack of dawn a great event for the classic car enthusiast but little in the way of aviation items i would say there was around three stalls with aero items but more in the way of classic car stalls,the one item that caught my eye was a Junkers 88A-4 rear cockpit gun turret that appeared to be complete with glass and gun mount it was up for 350 kind of kicked myself for not making an offer but i have just recently purchased one less the glass and mount (never mind always next time or will there) also bumped into FLY.BUY and had a nice chat and catch up along the way.
                              Overall a good day i have to admit i like the buzz of going along to these events not knowing what might just turn up, nice to come back with a few quid for a change (mind you)

Comment

Finally a glorious sunny day at Popham this year. In recent years the venue has been dogged with bank holiday wind and rain but the weather today was positively different. The layout seemed a lot more compact on this occasion, not a bad thing and saved on some leg work trying to take everything in. Personally I would say that there was noticeably a lot less 'proper' Aerojumble stalls today and by this I mean those stalls selling aircraft parts, and this probably equated to less than a handful of stalls. Some Aerojumble stalwarts were not present with their stalls this year, I believe that stalls were about 45 a pitch and this may have contributed to their non attendance. The majority of stalls were either autojumble selling car or motorcycle parts or those selling power tools, however this was as expected having been to this event on a number of occasions, the venue being predominantly geared towards motor vehicles. I really didn't note anything worth mentioning for sale other than a Ju-88 rear end gun emplacement / turret and a Miles Martinet cockpit window frame.
                                I think Old Sarum is the next Aerojumble on the caldenner circuit, "It's all about the chase!"
                                Last edited by FLY.BUY; 7th May 2018, 18:52.

Comment

I believe that stalls were about 45 a pitch
                                  Plus an additional 10 if you haven't pre-booked (as I hadn't). Kerching!

Then, if you've driven a long way and fancy stopping overnight for an early start homewards on tuesday morning, that's another 10. Kerching!

And all for an aerojumble the promoters do sod all to promote!

Comment

I had stalled at Popham since the good old days. Turned up at 8am as a punter, not allowed in until 10am. There were a few disgruntled people there. I asked the organiser why we could not go in early and she came out with a post shoreham explanation which I do not buy. So sent off with a flea in my ear. Went back at 0930 and they had started to allow punters in. Nice weather, but the event has lost its fun, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Nice to see some old faces but the reputation of Popham being the friendliest and cheapest jumble has long gone. Miss old Dick and his super dream/sidecar
                                    Tony Dyer
                                    https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

Who are you calling old?

I was really disappointed. Hardly any aerojumble stalls, all car related. I'm told this was largely due to the cost of stalls, it's certainly cheaper on the other days and events. I didn't see the bloke on the unicycle too. Having to walk in next to the cars was interesting, breating in masses of dust and smoke.

That said, there were some very attractive light aircraft there, including two registerd in Germany that I'd never seen before and didn't have a clue as to what they were.

Comment

Hmmm...tough choice this weekend. Royal wedding or aerojumble, which would you choose?

Not being a noted monarchist I know where I'll be, even though it's a ****** long drive. See you all down there?

Comment

Working...
                                        X