• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowland Aeroboot and Militaria 2018

Will be taking place on the 7th July!

Rob
    Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

I'm pleased to learn that they are repeating it this year and look forward to updates as the event gets closer.

I just hope they learn the lesson of publicity and promotion which seems to the weak link in all these ventures.

On a more optimistic note I see that the Griffin Trust have taken out an ad in Aeroplane for their Militaria and Aviation Fair at Hooton Park on March 18th.

Sorry about the hijack, where's the 2018 aerojumbles thread?
    The garage that keeps on giving.

Comment

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Crowland-...0311138082526/

Comment

I went to this event last year and picked up some very nice pieces
        Will definitely be going again this year

Comment

I’ve been searching the net to see what information is out there.
          Been told their first year was successful and this year the interest has increased.

Comment

What did you find out about how many stalls have been booked for this year? Are any pitches still available?

Comment

They had 8 pitches still available. Not sure if these are inside and/or outside. This is the second year and the amount of confirmed bookings are already far more than the first year. It s looking promising. Booking form is available via email.

Not sure what time people can start arriving but I know camping is available or there is a hotel near by.

What to expect there - Books, Lancaster parts, corgi model planes, military vehicle parts, Merlin parts, Spitfire parts, switches, clocks and dials and a whole lot more.

Comment

Latest post on Facebook - We have some rare pieces this year Super Marine Attacker, Hampden, Mosquito, Lancaster, Spitfire and Shackleton and much more. Don't miss it.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Plenty of leaflets went out. It would be really nice to see a crowd there.

Comment

Looking forward to this event, I hear the organisers are trying to get this up and running as the premier annual aerojumble in the future. Any other forum members going to this?

Comment

Me all being well.

Rob
                        Facebook page

Comment

Absolutely gutted I couldn't make it due to work commitments.
                          Any feed back or photos ??

Comment

Cant speak for others but two very good finds for me - one needed and one a nice surprise.

Rob
                            Facebook page

Comment

Tell us more Rob! I just couldn't face the drive in the searing heat.

Comment

On behalf of the organiser - He would like to thank all those who came to the event. The support you have shown is much appreciated and he hopes next year will show some growth.
                                Looking at dates for 2019 now, but will try to pick a day with no football etc.
                                If anyone is interested or would like to share feedback with them directly please email them at crowland.aeroboot@gmail.com
                                Thank you

Comment

I too had to give this one a miss, any reviews from anyone who attended? would be interested to know how this aerojumble was.

Comment

My first visit to Crowland after a 5.30 start,the aerojumble itself was set in nice country surroundings and farm buildings,i was made very welcome on arrival,in regards to the jumble itself, i personally came away very happy as i managed to get hold of a very nice genuine well used irvine jacket for a give away price, also a very early what i believe to be a 1920s era maybe earlier aircraft engine with con rods gears and bearings prop shaft spline, again a good price still researching this one, also 2 pairs of mark 11 flying goggles 22c/44 still in there boxes a Gee navigation whip aerial 10B/13178 complete with base and aerial mask stem that would of been fitted on the outside of Bomber aircraft,also a relic type D flying helmet all these items believe me were for give away prices, it was nice to see items at very reasonable prices, there were other bargains to be had an early pattern Sutton harness looked complete, missed out on that one though,Raf tunic and trousers with Pilot Wings again give away pricing. what looked to be a Mosquito tail wheel and tyre a rear under carriage leg not sure what from early aircraft wheels possibly Bi plane other tail wheels. there were a good selection of Wartime control grips flying goggles panel dials etc etc , a flying log book many many more items but had to then make a quick dash back to the South for the England game, still back home for 11.45 it was certainly a hot day for driving though Ian but i was buzzing all the way home.

I would say there was around ten stalls in all it was certainly a case of quality and not quantity,lets hope that this aerojumble that is still in its early days gets bigger and bigger that will make it better for sellers also, we need to keep supporting these guys, i for one will be back next year, well done to all involved also to the burger wagon for the cracking bacon roll.
                                    Last edited by hawker1966; 8th July 2018, 16:12.

Comment

Thanks for the report Brad, sounds promising. If it's on next year I'll certainly try for a stall. It would have been a 7 hour round trip for me, and I've been over that side of the country three times in four weeks! Can't help with your radial innards, but a long bath in Deox C should do wonders for the rust.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, a lot of the corrosion appears to be medium so ill give that Deox c a go, will update the forum once complete, now for the hard bit identifying it.

Definatelty worth a look in next year at Crowland.

Comment

Working...
                                        X