I thought you might like to see this

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4676/40174318782_2f2792151a_c.jpg

Reid and Sigrist R.S.3 Desford-R.S.4 Bobsleigh Spanhoe Lodge by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

I have a film of it running too if I can get it uploaded.

Original post

Member for

20 years 5 months

Yes please! That's a lovely photo and I'm sure it will only improve with sound.

Member for

14 years 4 months

That's a superb photo Tony, love the exhaust flame! An incredibly unlovely aeroplane but an interesting one, hopefully we might see it out and about this year :)

Profile picture for user DH82EH

Member for

11 years 3 months

Thanks for posting.
Nice photos.
I have to wonder. Does it fly as good as it looks?!? :highly_amused:

Kidding aside, it's amazing that it has survived and even more so that it is going to be airworthy again. Really interesting.

Andy

Member for

18 years 5 months

A lot of hours were flown when it became part of the Kemps Aerial survey fleet, alongside many Ansons.

Member for

11 years 4 months

Thanks, Tony! Lovely photos. The Desford was a spritely and regular performer at Strathallan between 1974 and '78. Be nice to see it back in the air again.

Member for

9 years 7 months

A cracking shot! I'm maybe in the minority, but I actually like the design. I'm also impressed by the restoration work, given the photos I saw of it at Snibston Discovery Park a few years ago.

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hi Tony,
Your PM inbox is full!

Member for

17 years 6 months

Sorted.

Member for

17 years 6 months

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4696/39541372124_ba2a268d73_c.jpgR.S.4 Bobsleigh by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

I had a reply from a fellow photographer

The Desford has all the CAA paperwork and is ready for flight along with the 2nd Argus, there (Richard Ellingworth owns the Argus that is a flier at this moment in time) He also owns the Nord whic h will also be returning to flight sometime in the future.