Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spitfire TB252 for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spitfire TB252 for sale

Saw this on platinum fighters... http://www.platinumfighters.com/spitfire252

Poor thing really needs to be finished! It was absolutely complete and original when we had it at HFL. Cant believe that was more than half my lifetime ago!

Comment

Was this the Bentley Priory one? I was there in 1985 but never got to walk over to the Spit and Hurri
      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
      TA out

Comment

Trolley Aux,

In 1985 that would have been SL574. Replacement TB252 arrived in the spring of 1986.

Mark
        "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

TB252 at Leuchars 1971
          Attached Files
          Robert Whitton,
          Edinburgh, Scotland

Comment

Cheers Peter thank you it was a hell of a time ago now.
            SMOKE SMOKE GO!
            TA out

Comment

Interesting that its described as one of the most original Spitfires surviving - with new spars -skins and rivets.

Comment

QUOTE "Interesting that its described as one of the most original Spitfires surviving - with new spars -skins and rivets."

Makes some of the others slightly less original

Comment

It'd be nice to know if her "wartime" supplied rearview mirror survived all this time too.

Comment

I hope the next owner completes the restoration in NZ, purely so I can see it fly after reading about its import and waiting patiently. I was hoping her completion would allow a four-ship of Spitfires at a Kiwi airshow!

It will be interesting to see how the project progresses from here.
                    "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

Working...
                    X