According to this post on Facebook....

https://www.facebook.com/fighterpilotau/posts/1826021147431865

Original post

Member for

17 years 11 months

Yay one closer to us than Temora :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

According to two of their responses to their Facebook posting about acquiring TE392, they have indicated that they are also seeking a Spitfire TR.9 for 2019 so they can offer the opportunity for two seat Spitfire flights in Australia. The Spitfire population down under certainly looks to be growing.

Member for

14 years 8 months

Ahhhhhh some Aussies must have seen the three Spitfire formation at Classic Fighters at Omaka, New Zealand and thought "Well we aren't having that!" Great news as with all the warbirds flying next door I was surprised there were not more than two Spitfires flying.

Member for

17 years 11 months

Spitfires have never been popular here for some reason..P40,s and P51,s rule the roost..I need to save my beer change for a two seater flight then now :)

Member for

7 years 3 months

Soon 3 Airworthy spitfires, but there are another 2 not too far away at Pays being rebuilt. There is also another one not too far off in QLD being airworthy as well.

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

Very exciting times for Aussie warbird fans. Great stuff!

And Baz, you may be onto something there! ;)

Member for

19 years 7 months

Any particular reason why Lone Star got rid of it?

T J

Member for

19 years

Didn't it get an unexpected bath a while ago?

Member for

20 years 4 months

Two hopefully, one with salt water ( not requested) and one with preservative!! A bit rough really, dont poms hate baths:)))))

Member for

19 years

It will be good for another ex-Warbirds of Great Britain Spitfire to be back in the air again, even if it has got a funny back now! I well remember this and its weird colour scheme when it was stored in the WoGB hangar at Biggin Hill back in the early 1990's.

Member for

20 years 7 months

[ATTACH=CONFIG]258926[/ATTACH]

Attachments