Part identification question

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm hoping some learned sage can id a part for us and most specifically the aircraft used in.

The image shows a unit we have at Ferrymead Christchurch NZ but the interesting thing, apart from what it comes from, is the language on it.

The placard you see in the image has three lines of text being

AHO 25084
INLOPPSTRYCK
50 LB/SQ IN MAX

on one end and the lesser on the other end as you see in the image

and engraved on the ends by the two connectors are

HOGTRYCK and LAGTRYCK along with INLOPP and UTLOPP

Google translates these as being Swedish and the words are Inlet Pressure, High Pressure, Low Pressure, Inlet, and Outlet respectively.

The base is clearly made to "embrace" a tubular member but there are no means of bolting or strapping it to same so that poses the question of how it was located.

Does anyone out there have an id on the unit but specifically the aircraft it most likely comes from?

Given the language the first that comes to mind for it to be here in NZ is the Saab340 but the unit looks to be of an older era and so that doesn't seem to be a runner.

all comments most welcome

thanks

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

AHO 25084 will be a Dunlop Part Number.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Standard Dunlop pressure reducing valve. This one is ex Vampire, and sits on the engine frame.

Member for

17 years 11 months

That Bruce knows his stuff, obviously had a misspent Yooff it amazes me how quickly the answers are gained here, minutes in fact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Great thanks guys, I did wonder about the Vampire given the green paint on the base.

Looks like the RNZAF must have picked up some parts originally destined for Sweden then.

cheers