SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

I await with anticipation as to what will grace the world skies in 2018.
Happy Spotting everyone

Original post

Sadly I haven't seen it but I gather there is an Eriksson S-64 Skycrane doing some lifting work in the Aberdeen area. Arrived by sea.

I gather its helping to erect pylons.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Courtesy Malcolm Calder...s 64 location near Keith...
If coming from Aberdeen head on the A96 past Huntly, past Coachford (where you can still see the microlight in somebody's garden). As soon as you pass the sign saying you are entering Moray, take the first left (B9115 signposted Drummuir and Dufftown). 1.3 miles along this road on the left is a construction site where all the pylons are laid out, and the Skycrane is there. Be warned, the site is muddy! due to deaprt circa 5 days time.

A whistling spitfire over south cambs around lunchime

I can see on Flight Tracker that Spitfire XVI G-MXVI is airborne from Biggin Hill at the moment - can see bizjets on the ILS from my office in Croydon but not a Spitfire from seven miles away!

Member for

11 years 3 months

Visited Fife Airport at Glenrothes at the weekend and were very fortunate that the short time we were there coincided with a visit from this lovely little Bird Dog. Its arrival during lunch prompted a quick dash away from the table to catch him landing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]258268[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]258267[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

17 years 10 months

Mid January and I have seen anything so far this year! my god I would never of thought I would ever of said that October to March was always warbird free months here in the UK how its all changed just look at DX and Biggin with plenty of action and of coure a few out of North Weald

Spitfire over south cambs west of cambridge at lunchtime today and yesterday.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Heard and then briefly sighted, looking North, from Gunby, E. Lincs, 12:30pm...BBMF Dakota.

Clive. :)

Member for

18 years 9 months

Brrr...

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26910236_210644342836424_3057622596346520425_o.jpg?oh=237fcfba52c3804d01e81533ea14fb45&oe=5AEA7806

Member for

17 years 10 months

Ice Ice Baby

Member for

17 years 10 months

About 45 minutes to and hour ago I head what I thought was a Merlin Engine heading S over the A12 near Boreham Essex, any ideas?

Member for

9 years 6 months

DC-3/C-47B-1-DK/Turbo Dak C-FTGX came into Edinburgh earlier. Some lovely shots up on Facebook and (for once!) I saw it with my own eyes.

Built in 1944 and still working for a living in 2018!!!

Member for

20 years

Nice to see a Sea King AEW varient grinding past near Hemel Hempstead today about 14.00

All the nicer, as I though they were all retired and finished with. Some still hanging on ??

Member for

20 years

Back from Holland seemingly..

''Scramble Magazine
6 hrs ·

Two Royal Navy 849sq Sea Kings Mk7s from Culdrose (UK) will arrive today, 29 January 2018, at Leeuwarden air base in the Netherlands. They will arrive as "Navy 810" and "Navy 811". Estimated time of arrival will be 15:34 Zulu, which is 16:34 local time in Leeuwarden.
The Cornish aviators are getting set to hop across to Holland to polish their war fighting skills. They will work closely with the F-16s of the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) and some other jets of neighbouring countries. The goal is to ‘direct' the jets in mock battles over the sea using the powerful radar of the Sea Kings. The radar operators in the Sea Kings can detect and track targets of interest in the air, on the sea or on land with the radar.''

Member for

20 years

Wasp Helicopter over Amersham 15 .17 heading west.

Often routes North Weald- Yeovilton so may appear Oxon, Wilts Somerset etc in next half hour or so (just a guess ! )

Member for

17 years 10 months

THIS IS MY POSTS YESTERDAY I will delete the other.

TA'
Spotted 2 Spitfires
Heading E of Chelmsford heading North towards Stansted Zone

TA'
I could not find the spotted 2018 thread to post in

8674Planes'
Spitfire IX ML407 and Mk.V EE602 from Biggin. Probably heading to either Duxford or Sywell

Mayhem Marshy'
I think that BHHH Mk Vc has been up and about today?

awww, 8764, you beat me to it!

8674planes'
They took 407 to Biggin as it has a second seat for the pilot of EE602

Mayhem Marshy'
suppose you'd have to get there somehow!

TA'
Thanks all, I am guessing Sywell then, any idea why ML407 in Biggin?
JUST READ ABOVE again, all makes sense

Tony C
There was a Spit flying over Park Farm Ind Est at Wellingborough yesterday afternoon, from the direction it was flying, I assume that it had taken off from Sywell but I only caught a glimpse so was unable ID it!

The End

Member for

17 years 10 months

A Stearman doing nice Aeros over the A12 between Boreham disused and Hatfield Peverel Essex as I type.

Just noticed Spitfire XVI G-MXVI heading NE out of Biggin, about to cross Thames at Dartford.

Member for

19 years

Spitfire TE184 G-MXVI was on a day trip to Duxford.

Duxman