No announcement yet.

SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting up a fence today and I could hear a distant growl, a few seconds later a Catalina flew straight overhead! Followed a few minutes later by a P51 and lastly, a half hour later a camouflaged JP (I presume a strikemaster) One of the good things about living so close to Staverton ☺

Comment

Spitfire with D-day stripes heading south over Wrexham yesterday afternoon. Can anyone advise which one and where it was going from/to?
      Thanks.
      Martin

Comment

According to BBMF on Twitter a Spitfire was due to fly to Harwarden and back via a number of locations for flypasts. On the way back was due to flypast at Welshpool and Oakengates amongst others. Assume this might have flown near Wrexham ? No mention of which Spit though. Suppose it would narrow it down if it was a Mellow Merlin or a Growling Griffon ?

Comment

Had the BBMF Lancaster fly over the house. My Aunt says she saw it the other day so not sure if it overnighted at Northolt.

Comment

Chipmunk this morning whilst out for a walk near Thame,Oxon. Last couple of days have included various types of WW1 theme, Tiger Moth, a Cub, couple of Yaks, been a nice Pitts Special flying straight over our house before doing acrobatics saw it yesterday and today. Will be out in garden later to see who goes home from Bicester event.

Comment

Everyone and their Granny were up doing aerial survey work over central Scotland today, but alas nothing historic to report here.

Comment

Dakota over Sibson Airfield at 1530 today. Lovely plane, should be out more imo

Comment

Also funny to see a very very low Canberra and Harrier following her... although they were limited to a cockpit down the A605 on the back of a truck. From Newark I'd assume

Comment

The Staverton spots were probably related to the Seaside show at Weston S Mare this weekend.

As to the Cub over Thame, if it was yellow, that was probably me outbound 11.10 ans return 16.40. There was a gaggle of us all buzzing off from Bicester including the Dragonfly, Chipmunk, Super Cub, SE5 Replica, Civilian Coupe, Rearwin, Tripacer and two Harvards, all heading past Waddesden and then Thame area.

Comment

Also funny to see a very very low Canberra and Harrier following her... although they were limited to a cockpit down the A605 on the back of a truck. From Newark I'd assume
                      The only Harriers out of Cockpit-Fest were a local Lincolnshire based cockpit & one heading north to the Sheffield area - the Canberra convoy that left Newark heading south comprised of said Canberra, Hunter & Scimitar!

Addendum - the Lincolnshire Harrier left on Saturday night!!
                      Last edited by TwinOtter23; 24th June 2018, 21:00. Reason: Another thought!
                      Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
                      Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

Comment

Thank you Propstrike heading out yesterday afternoon the sky seemed filled with planes over Thame making it hard for me to concentrate on driving, great sight nice formations. Do you fly your yellow cub over Thame frequently as I see one quite a lot, never tire of seeing it, it definitely looked like it was beautiful up there.

Comment

1968 delivered Hughes OH6a Cayuse N239MY painted in its original mil scheme 68-17172 ,with a Robinson R44 Irish reg called at Inverness airport on Sunday for fuel. Its based at weston Ireland. Probably an aerial tour of Scotland.
                          Last edited by scotavia; 25th June 2018, 07:48.

Comment

Just had Spitfire T.9 G-ILDA fly over from the direction of Hatfield towards St Albans (West)

Comment

Originally posted by RJH
                              According to BBMF on Twitter a Spitfire was due to fly to Harwarden and back via a number of locations for flypasts. On the way back was due to flypast at Welshpool and Oakengates amongst others. Assume this might have flown near Wrexham ? No mention of which Spit though. Suppose it would narrow it down if it was a Mellow Merlin or a Growling Griffon ?
                              Thanks - Sounds like the one, it would have had to overfly Wrexham on that itinerary. it looked like a Mk IX to me.
                              Martin

Comment

I was at RSPB Rainham Marshes today, when about 1pm I saw 8 Apache's heading south overhead the Dartford bridge, then turning towards London.
                                Was there something happening in London today ?
                                Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Alan~ View Post
                                  I was at RSPB Rainham Marshes today, when about 1pm I saw 8 Apache's heading south overhead the Dartford bridge, then turning towards London.
                                  Was there something happening in London today ?
                                  Well I just saw the same eight in formation heading north over Boreham about 7:30pm, while I was out for a run. Amazing sight and sound in a clear blue sky surrounded only by countryside.

Comment

Well they have had a busy day. I did not note the time but late this afternoon they were heading east along the southern M25. It is amazing how much sky eight helicopters can occupy.

Comment

Stearman in blue/yellow USAAF colours flew low over Worksop this am, perhaps ex Netherthorpe
                                      JM

Comment

Kind of on topic (or not). Either way, it surprised me. Our driver took a random side route through Queens to Manhattan the other week to avoid the traffic and while we were waiting for the lights at a random junction, I looked out to the side into a yard and spotted a T-6 and A-4 just sitting there. Almost surreal....
                                        Last edited by Human Factor; 26th June 2018, 22:44.

Comment

I did see the 8 Apaches heading N last evening in single file 4 pairs great spacing did not look to be on a heading to Wattisham though. must of been around half 7 i was mowing the dust
                                          Last edited by Trolly Aux; 27th June 2018, 10:45.
                                          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                          TA out

Comment

Working...
                                          X