Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't actually seen anything so far this year...

Comment

I will try not to look up this weekend HOO, sorry
      Last edited by Trolly Aux; 5th May 2018, 09:37.
      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
      TA out

Comment

This was working the local pattern earlier today...

If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

I see one of the Duxford Rapides is overhead eastern London at the moment.

Comment

Low and slow, heading home?...

Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

Lancaster today finally! Saw it over Uffingtom heading home for CGY

Comment

The Lanc flew with the Anson today at Old Warden, - never seen that before.

It is reported she trudged back to Conningsby with a prop feathered, though the above photo does not make that clear.

Comment

Think it had all four turning...

Last edited by Bob; 6th May 2018, 21:33.
                  Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

Spotted around 1640 today whilst on the A1, 99% C-17/5% C-5 low level, seemingly on a track from RAF Wyton-RAF Alconbury-Raf Molesworth. Any ideas.

Comment

Lancaster twice over Stokenchurch, Bucks, what a sound saw whilst visiting the site of a Halifax crash. This afternoon 2 Tiger Moths and a chipmunk at various times, over Thame, Oxon.

Comment

Chipmunk and Dragon Rapide in tight formation over Alton about 6pm yesterday evening - a beautiful end to the day...

Comment

I have had the pleasure of seeing assorted Spitfires flying over home (Lewes, E.Sussex) on the last three Friday afternoons - usually heading roughly westwards around 5pm. Usually a singleton, but last week (4th May) it was a pair.

This Friday (11th May) I saw one Spitfire head in the opposite direction (south/south east) mid-morning, and presumably it was the same one that returned westbound later in the afternoon.

I assume they may be Boultbee Spitfires returning to Goodwood after giving pleasure flights at Headcorn or Duxford earlier in the day.

Always a pleasure to hear the deeper rumble of a Merlin approaching, rather than the usual noise of GA types operating out of Shoreham.

Comment

Steaman doing lovely slow speed handling over the A12 between Witham and Boreham Essex just now
                            SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                            TA out

Comment

Chipmunk morning and evening sunshine, Bucks Oxon border.

Comment

Stearman N63590 143 out of North Weald just south of the A12 near little Baddow having a lovely time
                                SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                TA out

Comment

Royal Navy Historic Flight two seat Sea Fury over Amersham 2 mins ago, heading west

Comment

The Sea Fury appeared overhead here - South Oxfordshire - a few minutes later. Approached fast from the north east and rather randomly performed a loop over Grove Technology Park (the former Grove airfield). Continued on its journey westward, presumably returning to Yeovilton.

Comment

What looked like the TFC Hawk heading South over Witham Essex 10 or so minutes go, sounded Hawk but just a little to far to see
                                      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                      TA out

Comment

Another what looked like a Fury / Sea Fury heading south in the sun, over the A 12 Boreham
                                        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                        TA out

Comment

SOFIA is on it's way back from Germany, ETA 2-2.30pm

Yesterday:

If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X