Register Free

Announcement

Collapse

Search index currently being rebuilt

The search index is currently being rebuilt, search results may be incomplete until this process has completed. Estimated time until completion 18:00 GMT 16/10/2018. This may impact the speed of the forum. Email notifcations for subscribed topics / threads will be re-enabled once the search index is rebuilt.
See more
See less

SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancaster over Hatfield yesterday at about 14.45

Comment

TB885 and MT818 at EHLE today.

IMG_7571_crop by Jelle Hieminga, on Flickr
      A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

Comment

Engine runs today...

If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

That is an amazing looking flying machine (but I would not fancy spinning it ! )

Comment

Two Tornado's in formation over Minstead (new forest) today at about 11.35am. Fairly low transiting SW roughly in the direction of Bournemouth.. Possibly might be en exercise on the Lulworth tank/artillery ranges...?
            This week i av' been mostly eatin' biscuits!

Comment

Two Chinooks over W.G.C. this evening 18.45/48 (about 3 minutes apart) both heading SW.
              plain old vanilla

Comment

HeliOps Westland Sea King HAR.5 in its natural habitat. Flying westward in a lead grey sky directly into a strong wind, over the equally grey sea at Bournemouth at about 3pm this afternoon.

Comment

One of these over Chippenham yesterday morning.

Comment

Yesterday 19th Sept- Spitfire fueslage on a trailer heading towards London on the A12- near Chelmsford at around 1400. May have been a replica/plastic one etc but wasnt able to see it for long enough to see details .

Comment

Watching the planes fly by...

Comment

Harvard G-BDAM just north of Duxford
                        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                        TA out

Comment

Just had Spitfire G-CICK pass west of me, heard it had to look on FR24 to confirm she was heading north I take it to Sywell or Duxford before the weather closes in
                          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                          TA out

Comment

Just heard the delightful rumble of a pair of Gipsy Queens... dashed outside and there was a Dove, Planefinder tells me it's G-OPLC. Now have wet socks as wasn't wearing any shoes!

Comment

Lancaster over South Lincs heading home to CGY. Fantastic sight, hopefully will be able to see her tomorrow at Duxford.

Comment

Hooligan, I see the Dove also heading SSW in the clag about an hour or so ago
                                SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                TA out

Comment

At a regional (including western Canada) antique aeroplane fly-in at our local field, a rare Grumman Mallard arrived. The first time I'd seen one in person. A bit smaller than I'd expected...not much larger than the Goose it was parked next to.

Also, a spotless DC-3C (in vintage Pan American markings and a great 1960s-style corporate interior) attended and was available for rides.

Smallet civil types included a pair of Staggerwings, two Cessna 195s, a Piper Pacer resplendent in its factory scheme in cream and red, a Howard DGA, two Stearman Speedmails, a 1936 WACO Custom Cabin biplane, and a beautiful yellow Cub. A polished aluminum early Beech Bonanza (1947-54) was at the field shooting landings.

Warbirds included pair of N3Ns, a P-40, P-64 replica, Cessna O-1, Aeronca L-3 (all visitors from 2-3 neighboring states), a USAF-marked T-28, a freshly restored Bucker Jungmann (ex-Ernest K. Gann in its long time civil scheme), and about a half dozen local PT-13/17/N2S and the aforementioned Goose.

Many of the aircraft flew to a neighboring town, whose airport was having an open house, and participated in a standing and flour bombing contests. The J-3 won and (surprisingly) the Goose took second in the spot landing competition.

Yes, it was free to attend.

We now return you to the Spitfire channel...
                                  Last edited by J Boyle; 24th September 2018, 07:44.
                                  There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

Norwich airport has just had a very comprehensive beat up by a Spitfire - good show !

Just checked - MH434 :-)
                                    Last edited by JagRigger; 24th September 2018, 13:52.

Comment

A very nice old Nord 2501 flying West on Sat over Montlucon France

Comment

1115hrs approx - As we walked the dogs on our 36th wedding anniversary a Spitfire flew quite sedately overhead from the SE, did a wide turn over St.Ives then headed back towards the SE. Unusual whistle (bit like the P-51 howl) as it flew over - couldn't see markings but thanks to the pilot for the impromptu anniversary flypast!!!
                                        Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

Stearman and a low wing silver aircraft, possibly the Yale, being led around the sky by a Harvard a few minutes ago over Newmarket. Looked lovely from my office window.
                                          www.hardwickwarbirds.com

Comment