Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are off to Jersey for the Airshow .

I had a Spitfire heading S over the A12 Boreham this morning fairly early
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out

Comment

Mayhem Wrote, P-47 Thunderbolt "Nellie" just gone low over Alton, Hants, heading South East. Glorious sight and a great noise!

I saw it too, bit further south of Alton heading down the Eastern side of the Southampton zone, taking it easy in a gentle cruise. Made me wonder how it would have been flown in wartime conditions, marching on a bit quicker I suspect.

Richard
      "Where are you from?"
      "America" Somebody laughed politely.

Comment

and Nellie now going back the other way

Comment

...and east of High Wycombe heading north east ten minutes ago. Brightened a humdrum afternoon.

Comment

Yes, saw it speeding along near Reading at 2:17, nice smooth but powerful sound. Thought Dakota when I first heard it. My family have nearly got used to my reaction on hearing an 'interesting' sound, a mad rush for the door.

Comment

Spitfire chasing Hurricane over Woodley Berks heading North @ 16.30

Comment

about 1815 o/h N-u-L, Staffs, a Anson G-AHKX what a lovely throaty roar, must have first heard it around Birmingham! heading NW Liverpool or Blackpool/Warton way...

Comment

The Hurricane was LF363, I was out with my daughter in Charvil and heard them in the distance, sounded lovely. LF363 came up on my FlightRadar24 app - I wondered what the other aircraft was. Probably a fellow BBMF aircraft.

Comment

P-51 in RAF markings passed over Twyford, Berkshire at 9:35 going north.

Comment

Saw the Mustang over Little Chalfont 9.45 heading DX sort of direction, really shifting.

Comment

Harvard heading south over the A12 Boreham Essex about 40 minutes ago
                        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                        TA out

Comment

Bit more modern but I think based on the PA-20/PA-22, a rather nice Maule M-4 just flew over here. Not sure I've ever seen one before certainly not in Europe, possibly at Oshkosh. Seen plenty of its sibling M-5.

Comment

Rapide G-AKIF over Amersham heading west 11.00

Comment

Max Holste Broussard grumbling around near White Waltham. The resident Broussard is a pale coloured one, F-BXCP, this was dark olive with yellow/orange cowling

Comment

BBMF Hurricane PZ865, assume on it's way to and from Bradway (southwestern outskirts of Sheffield). According to BBMF Twitter should have been a Spitfire !

Comment

BBMF Twitter diary has the Lancaster heading off about now, down to Bentley Priory, then Hendon Museum and finally Hornchurch before return to CGY. Something to look out for, for anybody who resides on route !

Comment

I cannot see the Lanc squawking
                                    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                    TA out

Comment

Late-mark Spitfire going SE over Twyford, Berkshire

Comment

its MK356 BBMF
                                        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                        TA out

Comment

Thanks, not that late then. The pointed fin confused me!

Comment

Working...
                                          X