Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3 Swiss Classic Beech 18s stopped off at Cambridge presumably to refuel. Looks like they are also booked to appear at the Portrush Airshow in NI this weekend

Duxman

Comment

Aha ! it was three then, thank you DM they were high when they passed me 6 to 8k I would of said
      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
      TA out

Comment

Sally B heading northwards over Hermitage, West Berks, yesterday 2.30. Couldn't post then as forum closed.

Comment

I saw two Vampires flying in formation towards Hatfield yesterday. Anyone know why?

Edit: I just saw, the Norwegian pair en-route to Odiham
          Last edited by Southern Air99; 3rd September 2018, 20:47.

Comment

Spitfire over Welwyn G.C. heading S.W. at 15.42hrs, followed 5 minutes later by T6 type.
            plain old vanilla

Comment

91Regal

Spitfire was PL983 and the T6 G-BGPB routing Duxford to Goodwood

Duxman

Comment

Mrs Rabbit Leader reports what she thinks might have been a Hurricane flying over Helensburgh and the Clyde 2 or 3 times this afternoon. Id have thought Hurricane unlikely but while aircraft identification isnt her favourite pursuit, shes been to enough airshows with me to know what a Merlin sounds like. Anyone able to put me out of my misery and let me know what it might have been? Guy
                Last edited by Rabbit Leader; 5th September 2018, 18:26.

Comment

Had BBMFs Hurricane PZ865 buzzing around the house yesterday, while displaying at Northolt yesterday.

Comment

Today over Farnborough we have been graced with Spitfire G-PRXI going south followed by Portuguese scheme Harvard G-BGPb went Duxford-Goodwood and return. Chipmunk WK514/G-BBMO visited Blackbushe

Comment

Blenheim just on the edge of the Denham zone, routing SW to Goodwood, 5 mins ago

Saw the Harvard out and back yesterday, maybe bringing back the Spit pilot after flight to Goodwood.

Comment

Harvard just followed along- Silver, yellow stripes

Comment

Lysander and Harvard wingtip to wingtip overhead Amersham, heading Goodwood .2 mins ago Expect some neat air-to-air photos !

Comment

Harvard over W.G.C. twice this morning - presumably there and back again. Returned flying S.W. at 15.25 hrs, accompanied by Lysander, which I assume to be the recently flown ARC example. Also late a.m. spotted C130 flying W. at reasonably low level - they are a bit unusual around here.
                            Last edited by 91Regal; 6th September 2018, 15:38.
                            plain old vanilla

Comment

Lysander V9312/LX-E and the Portuguese Harvard just come over Farnborough en-route Goodwood, had the Blenheim over at lunchtime, Harvard must be the crew ferry?

Comment

Coulson's new 737 phoschek bomber has been doing drop test/certification all week at the local airfield.

If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

Had Hurricane PZ865 buzzing around while displaying at Northolt again this evening.

Comment

As the forum has been down i forgot to post these.
                                    Thursday last week i think, 3 spitfire movements N 2 S and S 2 N
                                    Sunday two fighter formations heading N late afternoon towards Braintree
                                    Two JPs in formation E to W and W to E possibly last Saturday from North Weald im guessing.

All this in Hatfield Peverel area A12
                                    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                    TA out

Comment

Saw a pair of Stearmen over Lightwater on Saturday, probably whatever flavour sponsorship the wingwalkers are now.

And on Sunday, something highwing with a Gipsy Major, probably an Auster. Receding rear view spotted from a pub garden near Woking.

Comment

See the Lancaster is heading south, just crossing the M4 between Newbury and Swindon.

Planefinder says it's flying from Lahore to Riyadh!
                                        Last edited by Hooligan; 13th September 2018, 10:10.

Comment

P-47 Thunderbolt "Nellie" just gone low over Alton, Hants, heading South East. Glorious sight and a great noise!

Comment

Working...
                                          X